Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Oh hell nah…Ars got roasted by Hitman.
That 2nd round when Hitman told that story.
You obviously did not see the same battle we all saw when it dropped.
the comment before that I said

1st was pretty close
the 2nd was the standout round of the battle where Hitman shined with the story, only part of the battle worth rewatching
3rd Ars was trash and was getting booed at the beginning but Hitman 3rd wasnt that good either but I still think holla took that round
wasnt no body but I think hitman clearly won
a body is someone getting cooked I aint feel like that at all

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
but did you don’t think Ars took a clear loss in that Hitman battle?
:what:
"wasnt no body but I think hitman clearly won"
I wrote that in the previous quote and again here
please rewatch that shyt
Ars was the face of URL at that point but people build you up to break you down
saying Ars got cooked is laughable did he clearly lose yes
but clearly losing is far from a body

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@FreshAIG

I know you listen to PSA. These PSA nyggas gotta stay away from these Nas discussions. It’s obvious he isn’t their cup of tea in 2021. They even did a Nas vs Ransom video lol

For 3, I don’t think he would ever say it publicly but throughout my years listening to him you just know Nas doesn’t do it for him.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
@FreshAIG

I know you listen to PSA. These PSA nyggas gotta stay away from these Nas discussions. It’s obvious he isn’t their cup of tea in 2021. They even did a Nas vs Ransom video lol

For 3, I don’t think he would ever say it publicly but throughout my years listening to him you just know Nas doesn’t do it for him.
Yeah, it's clear current Nas isn't for them, so I don't even know why they bothered doing the review. 3 looked especially awful in it, because he was being obnoxious throughout the whole review. At least with Watson, he just didn't like the second half of the album, but seemed to be a fair critique. 3 was on some hater shyt.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it's clear current Nas isn't for them, so I don't even know why they bothered doing the review. 3 looked especially awful in it, because he was being obnoxious throughout the whole review. At least with Watson, he just didn't like the second half of the album, but seemed to be a fair critique. 3 was on some hater shyt.

lol They even take shots at KD2 in discussions that have nothing to do with Nas. I think a lot of the hate stems from Nas getting more attention from the KD series then the other artists they prefer (ransom, papoose, rj, etc).

Watson typically likes digestible music, so it’s interesting he finds these albums to be so underwhelming.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
:what:
"wasnt no body but I think hitman clearly won"
I wrote that in the previous quote and again here

don’t get all :what: because you said something that got misinterpreted quickly :pachaha:

that’s on you. i wasn’t gonna scroll and look at everything you said. just double checking. and it was damn near a body.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
lol They even take shots at KD2 in discussions that have nothing to do with Nas. I think a lot of the hate stems from Nas getting more attention from the KD series then the other artists they prefer (ransom, papoose, rj, etc).

Watson typically likes digestible music, so it’s interesting he finds these albums to be so underwhelming.

Listening to them often and just knowing how old heads are, they hold Nas to unrealistic standards of Illmatic and It Was Written. So if he's not making those type of albums, then they act like it's trash. Nas isn't that same artists anymore, not sure why they expect him to make music like that now, or make music like Ransom and RJ Payne make. Ransom and RJ are two of my current favorites, but Nas never rapped like them. Nas rapping was poetic and storytelling based and just happened to be super lyrical. Ransom has some substance but it's pretty surface level stuff and more just show casing his lyricism and RJ is 100% just aggression and barring out. He doesn't really tell stories, create concepts or get philosophical.

I respect they give a lot of attention to artists that often are overlooked by mainstream media, but it's funny how out of touch they are with modern Hip Hop. I'm enjoying Pap's monthly projects but they treat them like he's reinventing the wheel and dropping 4.5-5 mic projects every month and it's laughable. They're literally the one two people probably on planet Earth that think in 2021 Papoose is the MVP of Hip Hop. It's like they live in their own reality sometimes.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to them often and just knowing how old heads are, they hold Nas to unrealistic standards of Illmatic and It Was Written. So if he's not making those type of albums, then they act like it's trash. Nas isn't that same artists anymore, not sure why they expect him to make music like that now, or make music like Ransom and RJ Payne make. Ransom and RJ are two of my current favorites, but Nas never rapped like them. Nas rapping was poetic and storytelling based and just happened to be super lyrical. Ransom has some substance but it's pretty surface level stuff and more just show casing his lyricism and RJ is 100% just aggression and barring out. He doesn't really tell stories, create concepts or get philosophical.

I respect they give a lot of attention to artists that often are overlooked by mainstream media, but it's funny how out of touch they are with modern Hip Hop. I'm enjoying Pap's monthly projects but they treat them like he's reinventing the wheel and dropping 4.5-5 mic projects every month and it's laughable. They're literally the one two people probably on planet Earth that think in 2021 Papoose is the MVP of Hip Hop. It's like they live in their own reality sometimes.

Im not even mad at that reasoning. I rarely enjoy artists outside of their prime, so I get it. That’s why I’m like why are they even discussing this?

:scust:Once they’re aware these artists listen to the show, the dyck riding gets out of control.

The fact that these guys have never met in person yet after all these years is still kind of crazy to me.