Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny I literally just got done watching him on Angryfan's page.

Hennyman is missing something and I don't know what it is. His pen is solid, his delivery is decent, but he just doesn't move me as a battler. It might be he's just not particularly great at anything. He's just solid at everything.
Pretty much he just has nothing that stands out. As a battler you’re probably better off being great at one thing specifically and bad or even garbage at everything else as opposed to just being average at everything. In most things in life it usually pays more to be great at one thing instead of being a jack of all trades.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brooklyn Hanz had a very underwhelming url run. His whole demeanor was like he was too cool for battle rap.

I also believe the guys he wants to battle (calicoe) don’t even make sense on the url. He would have been better off going the RBE route if that were available.

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
Hennyman should've never stopped doing that trap podcast. He leaves no lasting impressions as a battler

He said RBE and KOTD dont book him because they're being political :mjlol: He must've forgot that he said if a battle isn't on URL, it doesn't matter. Hennyman isn't important enough for leagues to conspire against him

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

who yall got

ended up with eazy nitty kid chaos goodz and lu castro

goodz gonna hate himself in my group

Verb, Lux, Chilla, Chaos, and Pat

Man, that's a fukkin' squad right there

:salute:
(i know Verb different now but still)

Ardamus

Daps
Hennyman just isn't good to me :yeshrug:

But he def has a blogger personality that fits in battle rap.

Funny I literally just got done watching him on Angryfan's page.

Hennyman is missing something and I don't know what it is. His pen is solid, his delivery is decent, but he just doesn't move me as a battler. It might be he's just not particularly great at anything. He's just solid at everything.

I agree, he doesn’t move me either, but if the url can give some of these bums from um4 a shot, they should be able to give hennyman one.

I always thought he lacked the type of slickness required for his lane. His bars never got me to react. It’s like he’s in the OG lane, but I’m not feeling him, if that makes sense

However, in all fairness, I have not listened to a hennyman battle in years. It’s possible he got better.

I prefer OG Moon over him

Pretty much he just has nothing that stands out. As a battler you’re probably better off being great at one thing specifically and bad or even garbage at everything else as opposed to just being average at everything. In most things in life it usually pays more to be great at one thing instead of being a jack of all trades.

Agree with all these statements. Hennyman isn't trash but y'all right...he's just missing something. Like he showed us some good shyt in that Aye Verb battle. I need to watch/rewatch everything he has done so far. With the media shyt, he's nice with it. He just needs that extra something to add to his skillset. I can't even describe it really.

Ardamus

Daps
Gauge is another nygga that reminds me of what we were saying about Hennyman. It’s probably why he hasn’t touched the url stage either.

He disappointed me in that first KOTD tournament on Twitch. Just not the same energy he had with his breakthrough battle with Goodz. And some of his other older joints I saw, he was better. But when he battled Joey Gambello, he seemed like he was more himself.