Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So ransom was on MEO, recently did Swave’s podcast, and will be on DNA’s new album. I always think it’s good to support the culture, even if you don’t intend on battling. However, I do think some interest is there, which is why he’s making these moves.

I’m sure it’s hard turning down that ARP money, where he’s most likely paying you more then you ever made from a show. It’s gotta be tempting.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
So ransom was on MEO, recently did Swave’s podcast, and will be on DNA’s new album. I always think it’s good to support the culture, even if you don’t intend on battling. However, I do think some interest is there, which is why he’s making these moves.

I’m sure it’s hard turning down that ARP money, where he’s most likely paying you more then you ever made from a show. It’s gotta be tempting.

I’m pretty sure he already told ARP that there’s no way he’s battling. I hear you on everything else though.

I just think guys like Ransom, Mickey, Royce, Lupe, etc. and other rappers who are really about bars just appreciate the creativity and raw energy of battle rap. Reminds them of the era of Hip-Hop they fell in love with and provides inspiration they can’t get from today’s Rap.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m pretty sure he already told ARP that there’s no way he’s battling. I hear you on everything else though.

I just think guys like Ransom, Mickey, Royce, Lupe, etc. and other rappers who are really about bars just appreciate the creativity and raw energy of battle rap. Reminds them of the era of Hip-Hop they fell in love with and provides inspiration they can’t get from today’s Rap.

He flat out said he wasn’t battling on MEO. However, if someone is throwing money at you, I’m sure there is some intrigue. He may not battle, but it doesn’t hurt to network with battlers if he changes his mind.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
He flat out said he wasn’t battling on MEO. However, if someone is throwing money at you, I’m sure there is some intrigue. He may not battle, but it doesn’t hurt to network with battlers if he changes his mind.

I’m not sure why people wanna see traditional emcees in the battle arena. It hasn’t been very good so far…

Joe Budden embarrassed himself horribly.
Cass had 2 decent showings and 2 that were complete ass.
Royce got trashed by Mistah Fab of all people.
Keith Murray VS Fredro Starr was a wreck.
40 Cal actually adapted pretty nicely.

Maybe it’s just about the name/draw but the actual product hasn’t been worth the investment up to this point.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Tech 9 before the court date SELF-CHECKOUT :damn:

:wow: How have I not seen that battle until now

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I’m not sure why people wanna see traditional emcees in the battle arena. It hasn’t been very good so far…

Joe Budden embarrassed himself horribly.
Cass had 2 decent showings and 2 that were complete ass.
Royce got trashed by Mistah Fab of all people.
Keith Murray VS Fredro Starr was a wreck.
40 Cal actually adapted pretty nicely.

Maybe it’s just about the name/draw but the actual product hasn’t been worth the investment up to this point.
It will ALWAYS be a demand for big names to battle.Big names sell in ANY form of entertainment

The only people that hate it are battle rap snobs.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
It will ALWAYS be a demand for big names to battle.Big names sell in ANY form of entertainment

The only people that hate it are battle rap snobs.

Someone having a name doesn’t negate the right to say they didn’t perform well if they really didn’t. That’s not “hate”. It’s called consumer reaction,

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Someone having a name doesn’t negate the right to say they didn’t perform well if they really didn’t. That’s not “hate”. It’s called consumer reaction,
Oh yeah if they suck they suck.

But I’m still personally open to more big names throwing their hat in the ring because I believe it’s dope for the culture and brings more eyeballs.

also I don’t like how ppl overly criticize industry cats on some gate keeping shyt.

like to me King Los COOKS anytime he battles and so does Mickey Facts.

But you got cats that will never give them they props.

I also don’t think Cassidy is as bad as battle rap heads make him out to be.:yeshrug:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
^ I hear you on the gatekeepers.

It’s also funny how most battle rappers get off on “industry rappers can’t do what we do” but the nanosecond an industry rapper gives them any kind of props or acknowledgment they’re gushing like…

455.jpg

imgres