Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair some of the antics we saw were lifted directly from battle rap. There was clearly some Shotgun Suge type of agreement in place before hand. Battle rap is getting mainstreamed.
Pretty much.

Everybody on my timeline kept talking about how they thought it was gonna go left at any moment. I kept telling them I’ve been watching Smack battles for practically two decades now lol, this shyt is par for the course, these dudes aren’t ACTUALLY gonna fight.

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
This is why I fukks with Chris.. He got Roc beating Surf 3-0.. I always tell people Roc cleaned Surf.. that was two totally different levels of battlers here.
I'll never understand how anybody watched that battle and had Roc winning let alone Roc winning 3-0. That's a special kinda crack you smoked to come to that conclusion.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember watching Roc/Surf for the first time and feeling like I got 30’d. Neither of them choked and it is still one of the most underwhelming blockbuster battles on URL.

I might have to rewatch but I remember it was trash.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Neither Roc or Surf were that great in their battle to give a clear round to anyone.

I think I had Surf edging every round but thinking back I dont remember shyt he said

Meanwhile Roc saying he had the scope custom made by LensCrafters still hits me in my chest lol