Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You wilding with that
People funny with who they let choke and win
The people saying this is a robbery
Should have no issue with the T-top decision
Which I think is more controversial
He lost in the round he choked in. Tez choked 3 times in the third. We don’t talk about those rounds because it’s clear because Ace choked in the first (lost) Tez choked in the 3rd (lost). Neither choked in the second, and Ace second was significantly better. It was a blow out round.

Swamp choked in two rounds, Ace did not. There’s no comparison.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He lost in the round he choked in. Tez choked 3 times in the third. We don’t talk about those rounds because it’s clear because Ace choked in the first (lost) Tez choked in the 3rd (lost). Neither choked in the second, and Ace second was significantly better. It was a blow out round.

Swamp choked in two rounds, Ace did not. There’s no comparison.
Swamp choked in two rounds and won
Thats more of an issue
Than a Second round that was not a body but I feel like Ace won but it wasn’t like a robbery
I could see some having a preference for Cortez material and Ace delivery is choppy and sloppy
The Ace vs Cortez is clearly a closer battle

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
People acting like this Cortez vs Ace a robbery, to me it's not. Have no probably with people that disagree with the decision but acting like it was clear and Ace was robbed a false narrative. Especially with ace choke and stumble filled performance as always. I think the fact that people knew the outcome before the battle made it worst.

Naw. I actually just watched this like 20 mins ago and i was legit shocked they picked Cortez. Stumbles or not Ace material was levels above what Cor was spitting.

I get being political cause money is on the line but as a general battle rap fan aint no way u saying cortez won. And I'm far from a Ace fan.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Naw. I actually just watched this like 20 mins ago and i was legit shocked they picked Cortez. Stumbles or not Ace material was levels above what Cor was spitting.

I get being political cause money is on the line but as a general battle rap fan aint no way u saying cortez won. And I'm far from a Ace fan.
It’s a different watch once you watching with information
You gonna be influenced after all this drama
I think Ace got the second too
I thought Ace won on first watch too
But I ain’t think the margin he won the second by isn’t worth this drama
If you take delivery heavy into your decision it’s easy to give that round to Cortez
I think it’s a big difference in watching real-time and rewatching
Some material doesn’t hit the same the second time you watch it

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It’s a different watch once you watching with information
You gonna be influenced after all this drama
I think Ace got the second too
I thought Ace won on first watch too
But I ain’t think the margin he won the second by isn’t worth this drama
If you take delivery heavy into your decision it’s easy to give that round to Cortez
I think it’s a big difference in watching real-time and rewatching
Some material doesn’t hit the same the second time you watch it

True i think they should of kept the interviews until after the battle was released. But i honestly think thats besides the point. To me the level of material was clear and Ace didn't fukk up THAT bad for me to say he lost.

Like if cortez material was just a bit better i could 100% see it, But naw. Ace smoked Cortez.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Swamp choked in two rounds and won
Thats more of an issue
Than a Second round that was not a body but I feel like Ace won but it wasn’t like a robbery
I could see some having a preference for Cortez material and Ace delivery is choppy and sloppy
The Ace vs Cortez is clearly a closer battle
Swamp didn’t “win” anything though. He just won on the Caffeine poll, which is literally meaningless. Cortez actually won officially and got a bag for it.