Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
All you nikkas actin like the big stage is “better” lookin funny in the light

The pandemic exposed all these FRAUDS gettin wins off they stanbases

Chilla BEEN nice, removing the distractions simply brought it more to the forefront to the average fans that bought the “he’s boring” narrative

The rappers that relied on gass throughout their career are the ones that have been exposed in this era.

If they were really BOUT THAT lyrically they shoulda thrived in this era too
“W-w-wait til we get the stages back :mjcry:” is the modern version of “Put a beat on”

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

I had a feeling Tez's homie dying of COVID was fukkin' with him. Part of what costed him the EZ battle. Dope that he can admit it and see where he slipped up.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
But should i give Brandon leeway? :ohhh:

even still, most of his shyt would've hit on a stage. Even shyt like the 3rd on bdot where we found out bdot was the nikka reggie bush shook on the punt return.

if Shine would've rapped that higher power/hired power shyt in a stage they woulda threw tomatoes at that nikka

if anything, the pandemic (pendemic?) era has made rounds that would probably hit really hard come and go a little quicker

Mooks 3rd round...

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Mooks 3rd round...

I can give you Mook's third, even though i don't feel like right now, ~3 months later, that round is sticking like it would've if battle rap was moving at the pace it normally does. Mike P's 2nd vs Danny Myers won round of the year and that shyt just feels like it happened 3 years ago

I'm not saying its necessarily a bad thing, but even without the app, battle rap fans in general have been EATING since URL rebooted in may/june. Getting 4-5 battles every 2 weeks/month makes a lot of content fly the fukk by. Even on the app, a new release will be the new release for 2-3 days before you get a notification that something else is available, if not a whole event's worth of battles.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
All you nikkas actin like the big stage is “better” lookin funny in the light

The pandemic exposed all these FRAUDS gettin wins off they stanbases

Chilla BEEN nice, removing the distractions simply brought it more to the forefront to the average fans that bought the “he’s boring” narrative

The rappers that relied on gass throughout their career are the ones that have been exposed in this era.

If they were really BOUT THAT lyrically they shoulda thrived in this era too
“W-w-wait til we get the stages back :mjcry:” is the modern version of “Put a beat on”

The crowd is everything. A nikka like tsu surf is dead without the crowd cause he feeds off that energy. Tay roc too but he stepped it up. Guys like chilla get goose bumps and start sounding like squidward when that crowd reaction gets to em.

I don't want to see a guy like hitman without a crowd bruh.

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
The crowd is everything. A nikka like tsu surf is dead without the crowd cause he feeds off that energy. Tay roc too but he stepped it up. Guys like chilla get goose bumps and start sounding like squidward when that crowd reaction gets to em.

I don't want to see a guy like hitman without a crowd bruh.
:gucci: surf is ass with and without a crowd.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
shocked this aint a URL battle

thought Ace said before that JJDD already got a deposit for this one

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I actually like Ace. but he gonna have to put hands on TODD to save face, because there's no way he's winning that battle