Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off topic but in response to this, what's the most someone could lose and not end up with a lot of excess skin?? Asking for myself. :snoop:

I would say if you have to lose over 40, it becomes a possibility. Not saying it’s a certainty but it’s possible. It’s basically a case by case basis as everyone is different.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
watching this Verb video...that shyt had the typical vet response but with the added Verb talking in circles.

Chaos: "Verb ain't scary no more, i think his last two performances were terrible, i can't remember the last time i saw a really good verb"
Verb: "Listen, i got movies on the way, i did all of this way back when, i get paid more. I might not rap as well, but thats because of who i'm up against! (:gucci:)! You don't even have money!"
nikkas start showing money, talkin about who they battled "I assassinated Cortez! JC hasn't beaten anyone important, showing money don't matter! Y'all on the practice stage! Did you have this type of smoke for Mook or Lux!? Say somethin crazy to me now, and i'll NEVER battle you! :stopitslime:"

what are we really doing here? Because if it was Chaos vs Verb at this point i'd still call it for Chaos clear

Nah i get what Verb was saying, he said chaos was dope and chaos potentially fumbled a verb battle saying shyt he didn't need to (coulda saved that all for promo OR wrote it in his rounds imo)

Basically chaos just lacks foresight

t top and twork got fast tracked to the top because the vets who liked them wanted to battle and give them that shot, they didnt need to do anything else. Think the same is gonna happen with EZ but his brand is kinda disrespectful street talk so it makes sense for him to talk right now, he got the juice.

But Chaos? He just battled two pen dudes, did good in both, and you still wont see people asking for a new chaos battle, he needs the look

This man gets complimented and goes off on him :snoop: if verb is so trash wouldn't that be an EASY way to come up on money and status? We know verbs petty enough to just never battle dude, similar to surf/cortez, so why even burn that bridge before you secure the bag

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watching this Verb video...that shyt had the typical vet response but with the added Verb talking in circles.

Chaos: "Verb ain't scary no more, i think his last two performances were terrible, i can't remember the last time i saw a really good verb"
Verb: "Listen, i got movies on the way, i did all of this way back when, i get paid more. I might not rap as well, but thats because of who i'm up against! (:gucci:)! You don't even have money!"
nikkas start showing money, talkin about who they battled "I assassinated Cortez! JC hasn't beaten anyone important, showing money don't matter! Y'all on the practice stage! Did you have this type of smoke for Mook or Lux!? Say somethin crazy to me now, and i'll NEVER battle you! :stopitslime:"

what are we really doing here? Because if it was Chaos vs Verb at this point i'd still call it for Chaos clear

URL pushes these guys to go after the vets instead of having them build rivalries with each other. They push them to do that because it's more profitable for their company.

The vets are not obligated to respond the way you want them to. It's as if Aye Verb is on the varsity team and the Chaos is fighting to keep his spot on the JV team. Verb just isn't willing to accept criticism from the JV guys so instead of conversation we get him clowning the newer guys.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
URL pushes these guys to go after the vets instead of having them build rivalries with each other. They push them to do that because it's more profitable for their company.

The vets are not obligated to respond the way you want them to. It's as if Aye Verb is on the varsity team and the Chaos is fighting to keep his spot on the JV team. Verb just isn't willing to accept criticism from the JV guys so instead of conversation we get him clowning the newer guys.
Imo Eazy/Homlzie/Fonz are the only guys the vets are gonna humor that kinda talk from because they showed they can have an impact to jump up there

Jey might be the variable since his energy and way of rapping is seasoned you can sense he's got a "moment" coming if he keeps going

Rest of these nikkas havent given us a real reason to get excited for a vet matchup

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That Ave joint that just played is :whew:

Battle Rap has come a long way from years ago where only a handful made dope music to now where I’d argue that most of the battle rappers who make music actually do it quite well.
Yeah there's quite a few battlers I fukk with music wise.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Nah i get what Verb was saying, he said chaos was dope and chaos potentially fumbled a verb battle saying shyt he didn't need to (coulda saved that all for promo OR wrote it in his rounds imo)

Basically chaos just lacks foresight

t top and twork got fast tracked to the top because the vets who liked them wanted to battle and give them that shot, they didnt need to do anything else. Think the same is gonna happen with EZ but his brand is kinda disrespectful street talk so it makes sense for him to talk right now, he got the juice.

But Chaos? He just battled two pen dudes, did good in both, and you still wont see people asking for a new chaos battle, he needs the look

This man gets complimented and goes off on him :snoop: if verb is so trash wouldn't that be an EASY way to come up on money and status? We know verbs petty enough to just never battle dude, similar to surf/cortez, so why even burn that bridge before you secure the bag

Chaos said he aint care to battle Verb. It's not a battle he's chasing and Verb isn't someone that currently motivates Chaos

I get it, Verb isn't obligated but getting called out on Point A and then spending an hour on points B-Z just doesn't do anything for me

puttin this shyt on the main screen

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
lmaoooooo

"A ward had a very Bradley Beal year, lotta 1-rounders :francis:"

"this look like a nice potato chip bag resume here :unimpressed:"

they PAN FRYING a ward right now :russ:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
It’s crazy...they dumpin on Jerry Wess, A-Ward, & Loso but tryna put people like Vixen & Bigg K on the list off of 1 or 2 battles based on impact/moment

If that’s the case, you might as well argue that Daylyt is #1 based solely off the Tay Roc battle.