Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Black Magik - Store

This is the Loaded Lux x Cambatta project Mickey Factz is referring to :blessed:
I heard it. It's ridiculous. They lost their minds on the intro and outro specifically. The back and forth they did on the outro was crazy. Whole project is a barfest. Cambatta is dumb nice.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Checked out these IG clips of aye verb conducting interviews. This is where he fukked up with his podcast. He had like 20 nyggas on there when it really just needed to be him. I just don’t understand this nyggas approach to things.

Verb is one of those guys than can make some serious money if ever fully went in on some of these endeavors.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Checked out these IG clips of aye verb conducting interviews. This is where he fukked up with his podcast. He had like 20 nyggas on there when it really just needed to be him. I just don’t understand this nyggas approach to things.

Verb is one of those guys than can make some serious money if ever fully went in on some of these endeavors.
No focus, no commitment.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol, he is corny. I'm sure he could just call Lux and ask him all these questions. I'd bang it on him as soon as I heard his voice tho if I was Lux.

Lux doesnt need to explain his process to this guy. Did he ever explain his process for mentally teleporting himself from the room when his homie Budden was getting punched on? Do that, then explain why on record you're kinda nice, but in battles you get embarrassed by people like DNA.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lol, he is corny. I'm sure he could just call Lux and ask him all these questions. I'd bang it on him as soon as I heard his voice tho if I was Lux.

Lux doesnt need to explain his process to this guy. Did he ever explain his process for mentally teleporting himself from the room when his homie Budden was getting punched on? Do that, then explain why on record you're kinda nice, but in battles you get embarrassed by people like DNA.
LOL damn nikkas on Mickey's neck. I thought he did very well in the DNA battle though. I think his material was good, but his delivery was not great. His Daylyt performance was A+ though.

He said he did ask Lux through text, but Lux just laughed in response.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

oh hell nah :dead:

i just woke up the whole house :laff:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've been saying this shyt. Lux isn't writing to win battles or writing for the battle rap crowds no matter how much he says it. Lux is writing to impress himself. He'd have to scale back some of his stuff to really be what guys like Factz wants but he's unwilling to do that.
But the thing is, on this Cambatta album, he's actually just as complex on this as he is in battles. He's just much quicker to the punch. He's punchline heavy almost every other bar on this album.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the thing is, on this Cambatta album, he's actually just as complex on this as he is in battles. He's just much quicker to the punch. He's punchline heavy almost every other bar on this album.

Yeah, that's "grey Hoodie" Lux in a nutshell, back to back, otherworldy punches. basically Rum Nitty's pops (Nitty said so hihmself)