Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Daylyt and JC, yeah. nikkas got tired of the leagues and battlers trying to play Danny when he obviously puts in work, imo. And I feel like this battle, you cannot give Danny a clear loss or win on.

See, I was saying its more debatable than what folks were saying before it dropped.
I feel bad for people who have dominate wins in the building, because it usually only hurts when it drops. Once someone says "Battler A won 3-0", the expectations are through the roof in their performance, so if the other guy looks even remotely decent on camera, fans are gonna say "Y'all gassed Battler A, battler B won", even if Battler B didn't win, they just did better than the people there live were saying.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say QP is more split in how he's perceived. Some people love him, some people hate him. His style, while "lyrical miracle" like the others, is harder to get into because of his delivery. It's so disjointed that people who love "pen guys" still might not like QP.

QP messed up with me when he started trying to sound like a street style emcee. He incorporated that prez mafia delivery that has plagued battle rap and made him unlistenable to me.

“Pen guys” don’t necessarily have to worry about sounding like that. As long as they don’t sound like a complete nerd, you’re fine, and hell even if you do sound like a nerd you can get on the URL. Look at Emerson Kennedy.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Eazy vs Danny was a fire battle. :whew:

I got Eazy 2-1. That nicca is on a nice run. One of the most entertaining battlers out. I’d kill to see Geechi vs Eazy

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
bullshyt...

bullshyt!

BULLshyt!

:laff: nikka is comedy

Seeing that reaction from smack in the third round leads me to believe that he’s gonna line up one of these bigger opponents that Eazy has been asking for. That nicca got the glow right now.

tenor.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I would say QP is more split in how he's perceived. Some people love him, some people hate him. His style, while "lyrical miracle" like the others, is harder to get into because of his delivery. It's so disjointed that people who love "pen guys" still might not like QP.
You gotta be a rap head even among other rap heads to appreciate what QP does in there im

Bill collector too, he got crazier with writing once he got down with em

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10 years ago Maino had hit records out, now in 2020 he has a podcast patterned somewhat similar to Math Hoffa's.

I mean the nikkas cohosts are colored and shaped the same lmao. Brooklyn keeps on takin it

edit - also noticed that Mike Tyson is running with the "Legends Only" branding for those Triller events. That's likely to be pure coincidence but still once again Brooklyn will take it even if it's from Brooklyn.

Am I the only one who felt like someone who was involved in putting together that ridiculous Ether event worked on the Tyson/Jones card? It was like Ether, but if everything went right.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
lmao Math was there? :russ:

*Double checks classic HustleHard rant about Bunky*

He was! :heh: At 5:11 in all black on the left :mjlol:

Early 2000s street dvd/youtube :wow:

LOL Hustlehard Gotti is that dude. Me and him laughed about it at a Push Montana release party some years ago. Top 10 Hip Hop vlog of the youtube era.