Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching My Expert Opinion with 40 Barrs and Debo. 40 is a trooper. Salute to her. Its funny that everyone brings up how she lost to Jaz but she got wins with Cortez, Big T, and PC. That Hustle win was huge for her. I feel like she'll battle Surf but I honestly don't think he'll even take it serious.

Those wins against the guys don’t mean anything. I equate male vs female battles to 2v2 battles. They are just entertainment. The battles where their status can really take a hit is when they battle each other.

The females know this too, which is why they are so eager to battle dudes. They’re “safe” battles. It’s a way for females to hustle without damaging their name. The outcome isn’t really taken as serious.

their desire to want to battle dudes has lowkey ruined female battle rap. The only way they will grow is by battling each other and creating new talent.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Broooo Smack a fukk nikka. These battlers work with you not for you. That nikka wayyyy outta line for saying he gon make Roc face Hustle.
Man keep it a buck

Smack aint sayin no shyt like that about NO other top tier

All im seeing is years worth of questionable decisions coming back to haunt Tay Roc

Shouldnt have been so eager to call smack daddy :francis:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Those wins against the guys don’t mean anything. I equate male vs female battles to 2v2 battles. They are just entertainment. The battles where their status can really take a hit is when they battle each other.

The females know this too, which is why they are so eager to battle dudes. They’re “safe” battles. It’s a way for females to hustle without damaging their name. The outcome isn’t really taken as serious.

their desire to want to battle dudes has lowkey ruined female battle rap. The only way they will grow is by battling each other and creating new talent.

Aye they battled and it counts as far as I'm concerned. I am not doing that whole "oh well its this" or "oh well its that" kind of explanation. I get what you're saying but that's not gonna change a win from a win and a loss from a loss because its men and women battling. It almost sounds like an excuse not to count it. Partially why I said what I said is because of everything they were saying on My Expert Opinion with 40 and her battling possibly Surf.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man keep it a buck

Smack aint sayin no shyt like that about NO other top tier

All im seeing is years worth of questionable decisions coming back to haunt Tay Roc

Shouldnt have been so eager to call smack daddy :francis:

Imagine SMACK telling Verb who he should and shouldn't battle :mjlol: Verb might tell SMACK to eat a dikk :russ:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Part 2 I skeemed through this one but I watched all of part 1 lol

Mook vs Geechi :sas2:
If ever Shine vs. Mook
Surf vs Mook (After Surf's Battle Rap Probation)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it’s not like Reed even has the Serius Jones factor where “he’s not great but he has a legendary reputation and is hard to beat” kinda match up. Reed has a legacy which is based solely on when he started and very little to do with his actual performances or him winning. He’s not a threat at all. His name carries slightly more notoriety than the average battler but in terms of career moves, a win against Reed does very minimal for your legacy.

I guess if you grew up watching him, it’s dope to actually battle him, but outside of that, I don’t see how this benefits Nitty much outside of an easy W.
That's literally the only way it makes sense to me. Perhaps Nitty grew up watching Reed battles and this is some bucket list shyt. If not then I don't know.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aye they battled and it counts as far as I'm concerned. I am not doing that whole "oh well its this" or "oh well its that" kind of explanation. I get what you're saying but that's not gonna change a win from a win and a loss from a loss because its men and women battling. It almost sounds like an excuse not to count it. Partially why I said what I said is because of everything they were saying on My Expert Opinion with 40 and her battling possibly Surf.

You completely misinterpreted what I typed.

I never said the battles didn’t count. I said the battles don’t mean anything.

When I say a battle doesn’t mean “anything,” I’m not talking about wins and losses. I’m talking about how the outcome of the battles dont really matter. If Cortez would have beat 40, that doesn’t hurt 40’s status. 40 beating Cortez doesn’t enhance her status either.

I was basically explaining the significance of battling your peers. She can go around and beat some guys, but wins and losses against her fellow female peers mean more in the eyes of the fans.That’s why that Jaz lost will follow her throughout her career.

Her beating Ms. Hustle recently did way more for her then beating another male battler

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
You completely misinterpreted what I typed.

I never said the battles didn’t count. I said the battles don’t mean anything.

When I say a battle doesn’t mean “anything,” I’m not talking about wins and losses. I’m talking about how the outcome of the battles dont really matter. If Cortez would have beat 40, that doesn’t hurt 40’s status. 40 beating Cortez doesn’t enhance her status either.

I was basically explaining the significance of battling your peers. She can go around and beat some guys, but wins and losses against her fellow female peers mean more in the eyes of the fans.That’s why that Jaz lost will follow her throughout her career.

Her beating Ms. Hustle recently did way more for her then beating another male battler

Ok, I see what you mean, but the way it was stated...that almost sounds like the same thing to me. Not that you don't have a point; I'm not seeing it that way. It's almost like you'll give the wins credit but then you'll throw away like ah it was whatever.

If you haven't seen that My Expert Opinion with 40 Barrs, I say watch it if you'd want. They ran down her resume with guys and I didn't realize she had faced a few dudes already. And tbh with you, whether its hurts or improves a status or not, take the battle serious as you can and try to win is what I say. Or shyt, make it at least classic or debatable.

Well that Hustle win did mean alot of course, and yeah, its in her peer group. But what also contributed to that was the backstory. I think that held a lot more weight for that battle to be a headliner anyway. So now, Surf shyt talked 40 in that face off and of course lied about taking 40 if she does well. You might not agree but I put weight on that battle for both of them because of that. Like waging your rep that like that does have an impact. shyt, we see what is going on with Ms. Hustle vs. Tay Roc...that would also count and mean something, right? Just sayin'...