Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I see what you mean, but the way it was stated...that almost sounds like the same thing to me. Not that you don't have a point; I'm not seeing it that way. It's almost like you'll give the wins credit but then you'll throw away like ah it was whatever.

If you haven't seen that My Expert Opinion with 40 Barrs, I say watch it if you'd want. They ran down her resume with guys and I didn't realize she had faced a few dudes already. And tbh with you, whether its hurts or improves a status or not, take the battle serious as you can and try to win is what I say. Or shyt, make it at least classic or debatable.

Well that Hustle win did mean alot of course, and yeah, its in her peer group. But what also contributed to that was the backstory. I think that held a lot more weight for that battle to be a headliner anyway. So now, Surf shyt talked 40 in that face off and of course lied about taking 40 if she does well. You might not agree but I put weight on that battle for both of them because of that. Like waging your rep that like that does have an impact. shyt, we see what is going on with Ms. Hustle vs. Tay Roc...that would also count and mean something, right? Just sayin'...

You’re only seeing things from your perspective only. Your perspective is a battle is a battle, whether it’s male vs male, female vs female, male vs female, on the URL, on Nebraska battle league, etc. Believe me I get that.

Yes I’ve seen that episode. She stated that people will harp on her losses, and overlook her wins. What I’m doing is giving you the perspective of the fans. The fans care more about her battles with her peer group. Her going around beating PC or Big t is cute, but she’s not gonna get the pat on the back she’s looking for.

As far as Roc vs Hustle, and Surf vs 40, I stand by what I said. Yes the battle counts, but the outcome doesn’t hurt the battlers. There are always exceptions, specifically with Roc/Hustle. If there’s actual proof, then Roc’s status could take a hit.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
You’re only seeing things from your perspective only. Your perspective is a battle is a battle, whether it’s male vs male, female vs female, male vs female, on the URL, on Nebraska battle league, etc. Believe me I get that.

Yes I’ve seen that episode. She stated that people will harp on her losses, and overlook her wins. What I’m doing is giving you the perspective of the fans. The fans care more about her battles with her peer group. Her going around beating PC or Big t is cute, but she’s not gonna get the pat on the back she’s looking for.

As far as Roc vs Hustle, and Surf vs 40, I stand by what I said. Yes the battle counts, but the outcome doesn’t hurt the battlers. There are always exceptions, specifically with Roc/Hustle. If there’s actual proof, then Roc’s status could take a hit.

And I get what you're saying. I read what you posted and even acknowledge what you had stated had a point, I just don't agree with it and hey, by now you know I'm not like most fans, lol. And I don't know about a pat on the back but it goes towards the resume, right? In the end, I guess that's what I do look at. Because in that same interview, Debo and Math were like yo, 40 can hold her own outside of her peer group too. 40 did say what she said but low key, she did get some of her past battles mentioned with some good feedback (the ones she didn't fukk up in I mea).

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Man keep it a buck

Smack aint sayin no shyt like that about NO other top tier

All im seeing is years worth of questionable decisions coming back to haunt Tay Roc

Shouldnt have been so eager to call smack daddy :francis:
I'm not talking about Roc being a worker, I'm talking about Smack essentially rewarding Hustle for defaming HIS top battler lol.

Battle rap is reality tv now.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I ain't know 40 was that cool.

40 my favorite female battler by far. She's prone to slipping up, but the bytch got the most unique style and the best wordplay. Her looks just a plus. And she beat Heart who is everybody's goat AFTER the Jaz body.I'm glad she killed Hustle too.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
“Murda - what’s his significance?”
nikka, my significance is y’all existences
I took a culture, from the beginning they thought had limits, and transcended it
I built pyramids, put hieroglyphs in it
I did shyt that can’t be did again, nikka

I don't think we gave this enough love. This was ridiculous!!!! :wow:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

Surf still mumbling to himself 9/19.
It's not real tho.
:russ: