Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Yall can say im bugging if yall want. I'm way more excited to see Verb/Daylyt then Lux/Daylyt (Provided both of them are on their a game)

What's the last A game Verb to you (legitimately asking)? He was good against Gotti, very good even but I doubt that any upper tiers in the URL watched that battle and thought that they needed to stay away from that. He was average against Lux (imo), average against Mook ,average against Twerk, good against B Dot (not sure Id call it an A level performance) etc. Verb has been fine recently, but I'm not sure anything we've seen from him is better than the Lux we saw versus Clips, definitely not better than the Lux we saw v Hollow or Calico and arguably not better than the what we saw in the 2 v 2 with Hollow.

Also, A level Lux >>>than A level Verb, not sure how anyone can argue that.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
What's the last A game Verb to you (legitimately asking)? He was good against Gotti, very good even but I doubt that any upper tiers in the URL watched that battle and thought that they needed to stay away from that. He was average against Lux (imo), average against Mook ,average against Twerk, good against B Dot (not sure Id call it an A level performance) etc. Verb has been fine recently, but I'm not sure anything we've seen from him is better than the Lux we saw versus Clips, definitely not better than the Lux we saw v Hollow or Calico and arguably not better than the what we saw in the 2 v 2 with Hollow.

Also, A level Lux >>>than A level Verb, not sure how anyone can argue that.

Geechi was A level to me :yeshrug:

And im not saying the battle will be better then Daylyt/Lux. I just prefer Verb over Lux. Daylyt/Lux probably will be the better battle.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Geechi was A level to me :yeshrug:

And im not saying the battle will be better then Daylyt/Lux. I just prefer Verb over Lux. Daylyt/Lux probably will be the better battle.

got you. He was definitely floating against Gotti and took that clear to me.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I got on smart time/Now the whole galaxy watching

I didnt catch that until like 14th watch (no pun)

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calicoe also crushed Hitman in that one round Snoop shyt. Completely stomped him. Hitman has some pretty clear losses on his resume if we're being honest (Big T, Calicoe, Surf, Verb, Hollow).

Yep all losses.. Hitman is still a great but there's levels to this shyt..

ReasonableMatic

Daps
We're just nitpicking with hitman lol. There is no top tier without multiple clear losses.
I’m literally in disbelief at the nitpicking of Hitman’s career, when Surf is one of the biggest LOSERS outta all toptiers.

Granted, one of the most entertaining.
But that nikka got mad clear LOSSES from his peers

DNA
Yung Ill
Big T
Clips
Calicoe
Verb
Clips
Suge

That’s not even counting clear L’s from Rex and Lux

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
From a battle rap perspective, Hitman is who Surf thinks he is.
Well said.

If URL is WWE Attitude era in terms of popularity:
Hitman is Stone Cold
Tsu Surf is the Rock

In terms of wins and losses
Hitman is HHH
Tsu Surf is Mick Foley

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who would of thought Daylyt after all the clown shyt, has restored my faith in lyricism.
I don't know breh but Day took 3 years off and came back with one fire performance. It was amazing but people are going WAY overboard. Daylyt may go right back to being a fukkup, his one moment ain't making up for all of the fukkups. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he stays just spitting flames because Day was one of my favorites at one point before the antics and no shows just got to a disrespectful point.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I don't know breh but Day took 3 years off and came back with one fire performance. It was amazing but people are going WAY overboard. Daylyt may go right back to being a fukkup, his one moment ain't making up for all of the fukkups. Hopefully I'm wrong though and he stays just spitting flames because Day was one of my favorites at one point before the antics and no shows just got to a disrespectful point.

To be fair to Daylyt he did us a favor no showing DNA.