Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shine vs Lux seems kinda weird and forced. I’d rather Shine vs Mook. I’d watch Brizz vs Mook for sure, but to me, just cause they fought doesn’t mean they should battle. That’s a very awkward match up too. I’d rather Tay Roc vs Mook.

And for Lux it should be Daylyt and Iron vs Lux.

Lux vs Shine talk reminds me of the Lux vs Goodz talk. It will pass because it truly doesn’t make sense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Talk to that nikka ICE
0403606be61ad45bc52149be02444d42.png

Ice dead azz called Surf a bag of detergent hahaha

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Forgot to respond to these. Hold on.

Smack doesn't get the criticism he should be getting. Surf choked in the past 7/8 URL battles (someone posted the exact stats a couple pages back) and he still getting main event looks. They should've dropped that nikka right after he bragged about not needing a 3rd Vs Top. Smack just as much to blame imo.

Nah, nikkas been on SMACK's helmet before about it; may have been not as many this time tho. The problem is SMACK URL didn't give a fukk. Maybe some of the investors probably gave their opinion on who they liked and didn't like. Or SMACK URL just picks who they like and recycles the rotation no matter how bad some of these guys do. But I agree, that T-Top shyt was horrible. As well as how he did the Rum Nitty battle.

I don't give a fukk about all of that breh, y'all really misunderstand my defending of Surf. I don't even think Surf at his best is a top 10 battler (as in everyone being at their best). I just always felt like it's corny to be actively rooting AGAINST a battler (or athlete, rapper, whatever). Hell, I'm considered a Verb hater but I think he is better than Surf. I do find Surf more entertaining on average. I'm also not a big wins/losses guy.

I guess there is where the disconnect is because the way some of these guys talk in battle rap, you'd think some of them never lost and they deserve a bigger plate and etc. But someone like Surf...he's got way more losses than wins.

I think I'd fall back on Surf if he didn't talk so much shyt in the midst of him being so cot damn mediocre. Like...so much of that is documented and everyone going at him because he deserves it. Like you can't spend way more time talking shyt than actually showing you can improve. I know, it is marketing and all that but that don't mean shyt when you have a pattern of poor ass performances.

Verb went against the grain and I can respect him way more than Surf. Verb to me isn't perfect but he went head to head with the God Tiers and arguably won. He doesn't have really that many home games either. Very few chokes. Admitted his losses and shrugged them off and took more wins. He does talk a lot of shyt but he backs it up. He's an acquired taste I'd say.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

shyt jon reel is on one these days. not really gonna call is smoke because it doesn't feel like he's attacking anyone, but trying to help em
John Reel always comes with reason and shows the flaws in people’s logic/actions.
It makes some look crazy, so someone emotionally immature will TAKE it as an attack even tho he ain’t.

That’s 90% of Battlerap, so yeah.. lol

He’s be the first one I’d go to in order to plan my moves in BR

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
John Reel always comes with reason and shows the flaws in people’s logic/actions.
It makes some look crazy, so someone emotionally immature will TAKE it as an attack even tho he ain’t.

That’s 90% of Battlerap, so yeah.. lol

He’s be the first one I’d go to in order to plan my moves in BR

that's what Joe Buddens says about battle rappers as well :mjlol: that's why he hates most of em :heh: