Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda confused. If they're all (the battle rappers) getting tested, wouldn't that give them permission to perform as they normally would? Like I get no crowd but they should be able to perform as normal if they've been cleared.

Nobody has been cleared yet, so that's why for right now they are going with the whole 6 feet of distance protocol. If everybody got a clean bill of health they better toss that idea out the window, and get back to business. Surf need to get barked on!!!

:wow:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Kinda confused. If they're all (the battle rappers) getting tested, wouldn't that give them permission to perform as they normally would? Like I get no crowd but they should be able to perform as normal if they've been cleared.

1) False negatives is a big factor. There’s been quite a few people who tested negative for it and have it. They are taking the nasal test, which is the most accurate. So that’s good.

2) They got tested tonight. Who’s to say between tonight and Saturday they won’t catch it? These guys are pretty reckless and they aren’t being put in a bubble like UFC fighters or NBA players. Hell, Surf was literally just in the hood passing a blunt around about 7 hours ago. Too much risk.

3) And most importantly, those are Fox Studio guidelines. Lol

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
1) False negatives is a big factor. There’s been quite a few people who tested negative for it and have it. They are taking the nasal test, which is the most accurate. So that’s good.

2) They got tested tonight. Who’s to say between tonight and Saturday they won’t catch it? These guys are pretty reckless and they aren’t being put in a bubble like UFC fighters or NBA players. Hell, Surf was literally just in the hood passing a blunt around about 7 hours ago. Too much risk.
False negatives are more of an issue with those janky ass antibody tests right?

This is something they could've addressed and put some shyt in the contract to get the rappers to chill where they at. I was hoping they could have cuz otherwise it's gonna look weirder than a quarantine battle lol. Makes me feel like it'll have a lot of the awkwardness of the total slaughter stage since they'd be have to kinda use the space but still be 6 feet away.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is something they could've addressed and put some shyt in the contract to get the rappers to chill where they at. I was hoping they could have cuz otherwise it's gonna look weirder than a quarantine battle lol. Makes me feel like it'll have a lot of the awkwardness of the total slaughter stage since they'd be have to kinda use the space but still be 6 feet away.
I forgot to add the most important part in the initial post but it’s also Fox Studios guidelines and that’s where the battles are being held. Lol

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
My predictions for NOME X

Jey The Nitewing 3-0
Mike P 2-1
Don't care
Verb 3-0
Daylyt 2-1
Lux 3-0

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lost nikka Lux :wow: Why did he have to change his life for the better and become enlightened and positive :mjcry:
A lot of people hate it because most people get stuck in the past and love the old version of people, but similar to Nas/Illmatic, Lux actually became a better overall rapper since he changed his life, but the nostalgia is still there.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like the best way is to record your verses and consistently listen to them all the time until you remember it like a song.
Perhaps, but then you get dudes sounding like they're rapping to a beat. You end up with those Iron Solomon SM2, E Ness/Bill Collector rounds.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because we still dont know everything about the virus and the risk is too high for the reward. Plus it's not like the battlers are in a restricted bubble. People get tested on Sunday, are clean, go home and dont spend a second around another human all day, get tested Monday, and have covid. I'm sure if they hadn't already had the Caffeine deal and paid deposits before this whole pandemic that NOME would've just been canceled.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perhaps, but then you get dudes sounding like they're rapping to a beat. You end up with those Iron Solomon SM2, E Ness/Bill Collector rounds.
Well I don’t mean record it over a beat, I just mean record yourself reciting your rounds and then listen back to it. So you know it back and forth with no issue

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A lot of people hate it because most people get stuck in the past and love the old version of people, but similar to Nas/Illmatic, Lux actually became a better overall rapper since he changed his life, but the nostalgia is still there.
Lux is a way better MC now

But grey hoodie is rapid fire punches mixed with multisyllabic rapping, with aggression. That’s the perfect mix for a battle rapper

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree 100% I was being sarcastic in my post. Of course I'm glad he evolved and he has become a lot better. What he did against Calicoe/Hollow/Clips/Roc and Chess is just testament to his ability to grow