Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
9 minutes is actually really hard to memorize if you never even performed it before in a real live setting.
I feel like the best way is to record your verses and consistently listen to them all the time until you remember it like a song.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I feel like the best way is to record your verses and consistently listen to them all the time until you remember it like a song.

It's not like a song is the biggest problem. The pauses cause of the crowd, having the right energy for the room, maybe your opponents in your ass, or maybe they been standing for like 4 hours before you battled. It's so many variables. I still think twerk is a lazy a$$hole though. He comes off as a pure scumbag.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

I think thats how Ness Lee did a lot of his shyt from what I recall. He would write to beats alot of times and remember them that way.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
All bullshyt aside, I don't want anyone to get sick or die from this in the game. Given this shyt is airborne and thru communication verbally, battle rap has to function...this is a sad situation. I get it why it will go on because if Beasley is looking at how the UFC is doing, he sees that is close combat anyway as a sport overall. My question is: has the UFC had more cases at all? Now, on the other hand, this feels like SMACK URL....had they had some other procedures in place, this wouldn't be a last minute issue. shyt must've changed up for them by the minute more than likely. Who knows.

I am with @RAW_SPK on this. I can see both sides of it.

The dynamics keep shifting.
They just had a full battle rap tournament over the last couple months, so when they set this date I'm sure they figured everything would go according to plan.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Remember when Surf was talkin to Ave, chess and Ace Amin and he was using Ace Amin being related to Smack/Beasley as an angle to downplay him.
Funny cause, he in here kinda braggin he related to Smack by way of his aunt raising SMACK lol.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
The dynamics keep shifting.
They just had a full battle rap tournament over the last couple months, so when they set this date I'm sure they figured everything would go according to plan.

Show will go on for NOME X, but I could see them canceling the Ultimate Madness 2

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is more popular right now at this point in time?

Hollow or K Shine?

who is the bigger draw?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I have no idea why no one's just put on a hoody and had someone in their entourage play the rounds thru some airpods or other bluetooth earphones, just pause during crowd reactions

I wanna say nikkas have been caught playing em during their opponents rounds but i cant remember who

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Kinda confused. If they're all (the battle rappers) getting tested, wouldn't that give them permission to perform as they normally would? Like I get no crowd but they should be able to perform as normal if they've been cleared.