Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
real talk i paid for the app once and it was so shytty. This a$$hole smack was dropping a battle a week and i had to cancel when one of them was a PG. Then in an era of indemand these idiots sign a deal to only show events once. I gotta say this is the stupidest move on planet earth. We are literally killing the industry of live television and these fukking morons go and do the same shyt and call it revolutionary :dead:

I legit havent seen a smack battle in like 5 months. :sigh:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
real talk i paid for the app once and it was so shytty. This a$$hole smack was dropping a battle a week and i had to cancel when one of them was a PG. Then in an era of indemand these idiots sign a deal to only show events once. I gotta say this is the stupidest move on planet earth. We are literally killing the industry of live television and these fukking morons go and do the same shyt and call it revolutionary :dead:

I legit havent seen a smack battle in like 5 months. :sigh:
They're making way more money now though. Like, by a wide margin. They pretty much got a win-win. They got a HUGE bag from Caffiene and they're getting a monthly bag from the app.

As a fan, I love the fact that I don't have to pay $50 a month for a PPV anymore. The issue is only being able to see it once until it drops on the app. Since we got spoiled with seeing battles on demand after purchasing the PPV, I can understand everyone not liking that. However I take it more like it's back in the day when you had to wait for a battle to drop. So it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
They're making way more money now though. Like, by a wide margin. They pretty much got a win-win. They got a HUGE bag from Caffiene and they're getting a monthly bag from the app.

As a fan, I love the fact that I don't have to pay $50 a month for a PPV anymore. The issue is only being able to see it once until it drops on the app. Since we got spoiled with seeing battles on demand after purchasing the PPV, I can understand everyone not liking that. However I take it more like it's back in the day when you had to wait for a battle to drop. So it doesn't bother me.

Oh yeah I know and they had to do something after YouTube took the money. But a live stream you can never see again? Wtf, that's the stupidest shyt ever.

Also it's still so niche that if it wasn't for RBE youd have nothing but white people battling on YT or dusty bar shows.