Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I like his style. You not the first person that said that though. My nikka Suni dont fukk with him either but idk...i can rock with it

oh and myverse is the homie's girl so lemme not be disrespectful but she smells lovely. And she's naturally pretty. No makeup on she still a dime

It's cause you do the same craft. You appreciate it more. In a similar vein if someone's really wack it'll piss you off more. Theres comedians I love that people hate cause I see the work and angle they took to get somewhere. It's why I hate schemes in rap cause I know they're really puns and puns are the lowest form of comedy. Although I love name flips and those are puns, weird. :patrice:

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
To add some context to the battle....Lu decided he wanted to diss me two days before the event while I was still prepping

Now his idea was that I wasn't gonna respond cuz his whole approach to the battle and the diss track was that this is just a hobby for me and that he really does this lol (kinda true but thats changing for the 2017). I let it breathe for a day and came back with this

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
It's cause you do the same craft. You appreciate it more. In a similar vein if someone's really wack it'll piss you off more. Theres comedians I love that people hate cause I see the work and angle they took to get somewhere. It's why I hate schemes in rap cause I know they're really puns and puns are the lowest form of comedy. Although I love name flips and those are puns, weird. :patrice:

Facts I hear you. Thats probably why I value certain battle rappers that ppl consider ehh more like Goodz or E. Ness. Certain shyt in their style that other battlers dont have set them apart for me

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FreshURL and the coroners smell what the Rock is cookin apparently.

@FreshAIG VROOM VROOM VROOM now we playing Matrix

You think that shyt was hot?!

Where is this general consensus? :mjlol: You love throwing that out like we ain't going to ask for the source.
I've told you this same shyt before. Go to URL's Facebook page, or go to other battle rap forums.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roc doesn't really lose like that

He only has a couple of CLEAR losses. I see nyggas passing off debatables as losses.

Roc lost the following:

Clips
Magic

EDIT

I'm adding DNA. I will need to rewatch this one.

If some other come to mind, I will list them.

Last edited:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting discussion Tay Roc has battled over 20 times including the following:-

Clips (twice)
K-Shine
B-Magic
Rich Dolarz
Arsonal
Tsu Surf
JC
Young Kannon
JJDD
Cortez
Brizz Rawstein
DNA
Ill Will
Qleen Paper
O-Red
Shotgun Suge
Calicoe

I can see 10 losses in there without trying...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Random shyt, but it's crazy to think that this time two years ago, everybody (most everybody, because I'm sure certain posters are gonna come in here yapping about how they never blah blah blah) had Clips on the Mt. Rushmore with Lux, Hollow, and Mook, and now he's simply the gateway rapper to kill.

That Hollow first round set him up, and then that Lux battle completely erased Clips from being known as one of THOSE guys.