Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
To be fair, Lux is a rare case. Surf/Roc is barely at a million cause it was on PPV and it's been out a year and a half. If it wasn't PPV it would probably be at 2 at least

Lux/Clips not on PPV would probably be at 3.5/4

Or.. Surf/Roc is underachieving (considering the names) because it was terrible.

:russ: Couldn't help myself. I still get the point.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Prep's freestyling skill is no doubt impressive. Prep isn't even necessarily a bad pen, he's just one of those dudes who is easy to get a W over (and it's getting easier and easier as his career goes).

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
O Red vs Ave could be one of the best battles ever if they both are on their shyt.
If Ave blacks vs Chess, then blacks vs Red. Then we might have to open that Ave vs Lux discussion Norbes is trying to spark. :patrice:

Is it too early for a Rum & Nitty rematch? I really dont want to see anything besides A1 punchers.
Ave's generic bars aren't ready for Lux.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Arsonal Vs QB, Math Hoffa vs Showoff, Big Kannon vs Craig Lamar, and Aye Verb vs Jimz I think got locked down on RBE. Saw CAPS retweet something from ARP.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Lol, but if you're going into these battles thinking they're going to be trash, you've already colored your opinion before you even watch them.

Thats a vast majority of battle rap fans. Or fans of anything period. Childish shyt if you ask me. And the nerve of a nikka who rather watch a battle of a nikka perform Shaun T exercize dance on stage or rap bullshyt portmanteau like "STAY" (Steph + Klay).... call ANYBODY trash.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hitman/Shine wouldn't make it to the 3rd round..Shine gonna have to prove he's not a punk for some reason.

Hitman is gonna go at Suge with a bunch of imma blood, you a crip type shyt. Put up a pic of him in Cali around bloods to show he really goes to the hood :beli:

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I was listening to some select Brizz battles today and got to the Roc/Brizz battle. Now I can admit that Roc ended his first in a way that sort of won him the round (by dissing an unrelated dude)

But Brizz's third round was fukking tough.. Not just for the sexual offenders part, but the whole round. He was struggling through it, but the bars might actually have been some of his best shyt. Neg me or whatever the fukk if you listen to it and disagree.. but at least give that shyt a fresh listen. It should be long ago enough that you've forgotten by now. (Link is set to the start of the round)