Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"I won't disappoint, they say the apple don't fall far from the tree, but these are different joints

My pops had the...strap over his arm....shooting up shyt....he had to get the point

Me I had the...strap over my arm...shooting up YOU GET THE POINT!! :fire::fire::fire: "

This shyt still gives me the :scust:face, Top 3 bar of 2016 no debating

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Hollow da GOAT on JayBlac. Says he wants to do at least 2 battles in 2017, Diz & Roc top of his list. Mentions a film he recently filmed where him & Lux do a 2 on 2 :leon:

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Ave is NOT ALL THAT. I don't care what any of yall say. Just another variation of Magic if you ask me.
You're either an idiot or a damn liar fam.

edit: This post made me notice that Ave (and Rum) have done the near impossible in TBZ. We have nikkas from both sides of the "aisle" agreeing wholeheartedly on how wild nice the two are.

Is Donald Trump going to make battlerap great again?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I think Ave is the real deal. He has everything the new wave wants. Punches back to back delivery and legit haymakers.

I'll still take Prime Magic over ave any day of the week. But i see why people are on this "Ave" wave. Yall know i'm the first one to say i don't understand the hype of someone(Nitty/Myers/Brizz/Tink etc)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Random but I hate the fact that everyone runs with the "Ars killed Hollow" narrative when we all KNOW that (a) that battle went into overtime and (b) Ars used the whole Tech 9 verse.

Facts :manny:
:yawn:

Hollow stans can't even let shyt go from years ago.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Roc and Ars is already over 400k and it was on PPV :wtf:

Certain arguments against PPV looking real funny in the light...

i rewatch battles all the time. So if I bought a ppv, id eventually rewatch it. Smacks a moron.

2.5 mill and it was on ppv.

SMACK IS A MORON!

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i rewatch battles all the time. So if I bought a ppv, id eventually rewatch it. Smacks a moron.

2.5 mill and it was on ppv.

SMACK IS A MORON!

To be fair, Lux is a rare case. Surf/Roc is barely at a million cause it was on PPV and it's been out a year and a half. If it wasn't PPV it would probably be at 2 at least

Lux/Clips not on PPV would probably be at 3.5/4

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
To be fair, Lux is a rare case. Surf/Roc is barely at a million cause it was on PPV and it's been out a year and a half. If it wasn't PPV it would probably be at 2 at least

it really depends on how much smack makes off YT. If its 5 dollars per thousand okay i understand, if its 1 per thousand hes a moron.

its probably closer to 2 and even then half the people probably use ad block

Heres what a youtuber said: I've been a YouTuber for almost 7 years, and my revenue has dropped almost 70% due to these reasons (this is set to scale that my views stayed consistent). For this reason, ad revenue is no longer a stable income for most YouTubers, who now resort to sponsorships and merchandise.

Theres no way to spin it, smack is a moron :ufdup:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl

shytty editing lowers the views also. They literally put out the ppv footage, no cuts at all.