Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I feel like Bill will have to wait for it to come out on cam to get his proper respect though. The true test for Bill will be not letting the crowd throw him off, cause WeGoHard will definitely be in the building.

I actually deleted my first draft of the post that said "on cam, he's going to make Wavy look like a child" because I don't want to deal with the spinoff convo. But you got it right.. That footage can end up being
HrWl4Yn.png

I don't have a good radar for what the more common fan is seeing, but Bill's B-league battles has his name lowkey buzzing.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
No way surf won the first round against top.

But yo in the second round he said I couldnt trap what got my mother trapped. That was realest line I ever fukking heard and that fakkit crowd barely reacted. :smh:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who y'all got?

Trez lost CLEARLY to Ryda and a big portion of the battle world tried to change the narrative to it just being a great battle on both sides, or Chef possibly edging.

Trez just gets a certain type of love from the fans, Mike P. has to blow Trez off the stage for this to help him.

Even then, it could be Real Deal v B Magic all over again.

If it's close, everyone will say Trez won.

I would feel bad for Mike P if he had more of an original style. He is a dope battler, but it looks like he's already hit a wall.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Whoever worked on the trailer for that battle needs to do ALL of them. Surf was going to do views regardless, but the trailer really made the battle a priority in my mind.
What did they do that was special? From what i can see the bars were just really good in the trailer, wasn't a different format or anything

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did they do that was special? From what i can see the bars were just really good in the trailer, wasn't a different format or anything

Doesn't need to be special. Maybe there is a science to picking the right moments for the trailer.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@wizworld

What is your theory on why the URL is open to working with UW?

My guess here is the URL understands the battlers desire to perform on "big cards" and are doing this to keep their battlers happy. They only throw so many big cards a year. Better it happen on UW, where they may have a say in the matchmaking, then any other platform. If you think about it, with the exception of Roc/Arsonal, these aren't battles the URL would throw anyway (Roc/Charron, Chess/Rad B).

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@wizworld

What is your theory on why the URL is open to working with UW?

My guess here is the URL understands the battlers desire to perform on "big cards" and are doing this to keep their battlers happy. They only throw so many big cards a year. Better it happen on UW, where they may have a say in the matchmaking, then any other platform. If you think about it, with the exception of Roc/Arsonal, these aren't battles the URL would throw anyway (Roc/Charron, Chess/Rad B).

On top of what you just said, What if Smack is the only one on his team strongly opposed to doing PPV? What happens then? The other guys are free to make other moves, as long as they don't take match-ups from Smack. Beasley is a little too cool about all this, like UDUBB isn't stepping on URL's toes in any shape, form or fashion.
It makes me wonder if he put money INTO the event.

High Stakes 1 took a battle URL promoted and built a successful event.
Why let that happen again without getting a piece of the action?
What really went wrong with High Stakes 1? If the main event for that one ended up costing over 100k, and this one only cost 40k or so, the returns should look good.