Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I see it, he's in a better space now than he was before joining. There's no way they can magically give him personality, or make him cool. But his name will get brought up more now than before. And that should help him put some bigger plates on his table.

YK is one of those guys that could benefit from the battle rap diet.

I'm still disappointed in Big T. Imagine if he started this shyt YEARS ago when I suggested it. It seems like I bring this up every year with Terrance.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i like Ryda too, and i support all DC/MD rappers but Ave would destroy him, he's not ready, not until 2 years of progression

I don't like the addition of Ryda. Cavegang was all gritty, grimy dudes. Ryda comes across as a good kid with a nice pen. But I get it though.

He doesn't have the feel, Ave would do him dirty.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I don't like the addition of Ryda. Cavegang was all gritty, grimy dudes. Ryda comes across as a good kid with a nice pen. But I get it though.
you think there's a science to this besides "up and coming PG rapper from the leader's home state"?

obviously biased but i'd like cave gang to be regional, even if we included 7 cities in that region, that's enough of a stretch. i don't like the random add-ons, cuts off good battles for no reason

i still dont get the t-top/brizz nwx/cave+dots thing

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

He doesn't have the feel, Ave would do him dirty.
Young Kannon is in Cave Gang too though. And we don't know Ryda he could be legit.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you think there's a science to this besides "up and coming PG rapper from the leader's home state"?

obviously biased but i'd like cave gang to be regional, even if we included 7 cities in that region, that's enough of a stretch. i don't like the random add-ons, cuts off good battles for no reason

i still dont get the t-top/brizz nwx/cave+dots thing

Nah, it doesn't seem like there is. At least with the Cavegang Ryda pick. I think Roc supports the local scene, so he's seen Ryda's come up.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young Kannon is in Cave Gang too though. And we don't know Ryda he could be legit.

True. Maybe grimy isn't the word for Kannon, he's more dingy than anything.

I could be totally wrong about Ryda but he just doesn't give me the feel though. I might be judging him off this video though, he was fronting but Danja was ready to battle

It's crazy though, 3-4 months later Ryda is about to be a bigger name than Danja.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah why that Battle Truth nikka did Chris Unbias like that? Lmaooo

Dog. Some of his blogs are funny as hell. I was hesitant about giving him light, because it opens the door for another weirdo "blogger" to think that they're important. But son is pretty entertaining. I don't think there's anything Chris did to warrant all that, he just pulled up on him and emptied the clip out. Then he doubled back to give him the "Is he dead" kick.

The Jaz vs E Hart blog is hilarious too

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I dont care how much yall try to defend him, Tay Roc is ass. I'm talkin thongs at a pool house.

Cape for grown men that don't even know what figure is on their national currency brehs

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dog. Some of his blogs are funny as hell. I was hesitant about giving him light, because it opens the door for another weirdo "blogger" to think that they're important. But son is pretty entertaining. I don't think there's anything Chris did to warrant all that, he just pulled up on him and emptied the clip out. Then he doubled back to give him the "Is he dead" kick.

What happened?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True. Maybe grimy isn't the word for Kannon, he's more dingy than anything.

I could be totally wrong about Ryda but he just doesn't give me the feel though. I might be judging him off this video though, he was fronting but Danja was ready to battle

It's crazy though, 3-4 months later Ryda is about to be a bigger name than Danja.

Probably because every battle rapper in Cave Gang gives you the impression they where homeless forreal, and are in the process of attempting to become civilized. Guys that give you the impression that battle rap allowed them to buy their first outfit, get a girlfriend, etc. No one has ever helped them with shyt in life, and they are coming together to help each other.

Ryda is a lil too clean for Cave Gang. Nyggas like Chess, Rum Nitty, Jim Jones, & E Hart give me the feel Cave Gang should be going for.

Last edited: