Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
15171216_1252011078183383_8638103813459000516_n.jpg

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll never understand how people hate on Roc.

I like bars. I want to hear something creative and see someone try to improve over time and push everyone to get better. Guys like:

Ave
Rum
Chilla
Magic
JC
Born
QP SONS

I've never been into Roc, Hitman, or Suge who are better at delivering decent material than writing good material. Roc tried to step up and add schemes to his arsenal and you could see just how limited he is with a pen.

Maybe you thought the turducken and pharmacy bars were fire but I thought he's spit some of the worst boo worthy bars on stage and got applause or a pass.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I like bars. I want to hear something creative and see someone try to improve over time and push everyone to get better. Guys like:

Ave
Rum
Chilla
Magic
JC
Born
QP SONS

I've never been into Roc, Hitman, or Suge who are better at delivering decent material than writing good material. Roc tried to step up and add schemes to his arsenal and you could see just how limited he is with a pen.

Maybe you thought the turducken and pharmacy bars were fire but I thought he's spit some of the worst boo worthy bars on stage and got applause or a pass.

Again. I dont understand this mindset.

EVERY SINGLE BATTLE RAPPER CAN RAP.

Obviously people have better pens then others. But if u get to that stage you at a certain level where you can write rhymes that people are gonna fukk with.

To say Roc doesn't have bars at all is just lying to yourself.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Like DOT of all people has one of the best first rounds of URL.

Bill Collector himself has been on a absolute tear this year.

Its cool if you PREFER more bar heavy nikkas. But to not grasp how a fan can have someone as polished as Roc on their "top list" is crazy.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again. I dont understand this mindset.

EVERY SINGLE BATTLE RAPPER CAN RAP.

Obviously people have better pens then others.
But if u get to that stage you at a certain level where you can write rhymes that people are gonna fukk with.

To say Roc doesn't have bars at all is just lying to yourself.

That's the point. Roc isn't up to standard. I thought he was better when he stuck to what he did well. He's tries to scheme and use wordplay and it doesn't work. At least Suge stays within his limitations. His bars are simple but effective on stage. I'll give Roc credit for stage presence but even by his standards he hasn't been good in his recent URL performances except for a few 2nd rounds.

Be real when we go over the best bars of 2016 how many will Roc have? Go back to 2015 and tell me what bars you remember. We remember Rum's and Ave's (more when the Chess battle drops). If Roc has bars where are they?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like DOT of all people has one of the best first rounds of URL.

Bill Collector himself has been on a absolute tear this year.

Its cool if you PREFER more bar heavy nikkas. But to not grasp how a fan can have someone as polished as Roc on their "top list" is crazy.

Bill got fukkED UP that first round. Always revisit that when I just want to hear some haymakers.

Tay Roc turned into Miltown Bloe :dead:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That's the point. Roc isn't up to standard. I thought he was better when he stuck to what he did well. He's tries to scheme and use wordplay and it doesn't work. At least Suge stays within his limitations. His bars are simple but effective on stage. I'll give Roc credit for stage presence but even by his standards he hasn't been good in his recent URL performances except for a few 2nd rounds.

Be real when we go over the best bars of 2016 how many will Roc have? Go back to 2015 and tell me what bars you remember. We remember Rum's and Ave's (more when the Chess battle drops). If Roc has bars where are they?
I remember more Roc bars

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember more Roc bars

When it hit...man your little brother gonna have to hold you up! :birdman:

Even simple shyt like "I heard you used to be blood with your fake ass...I wonder how much dikk they made you suck for that grape flag" hits hard because of how Roc delivers it. Battlers like Roc, Rex, Head Ice, Clips and Qleen have great delivery that makes whatever they say hit hard.

On another note, Ryda vs Trez got over 100k views. That URL platform is real :wow:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont worry youre not the only one. We all do it. Even me. It's human nature. When someones opinion differs from ours we get offended we cant help it. So don't sit up here and be like "but Saber its not me on Irvine its not me" because you do. Especially @T-K-G, @theflyest and @ReasonableMatic ugghh them nikkas act like they on period sometime like STFU. @Spud34 too like jeez you nikkas got issues.

I've never sat back and thought about it, but with the exception of Spud, there's got to be more aggressive posters than the ones you mentioned.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I think the thing about Roc is you can tell he learned how to actually rap on a beat for real first before he started battling. Like freestyles off the top and recording music; most of the vets go that route but you have a few of these guys that never start there and then get into battling. Roc likes to put space in between his raps enough to let it hit and sometimes will keep it simple enough to give a live effect on the spot. It was a learning curve for him for a minute but he's been dumb nice and consistent. The fukked up thing about it is that he got soooooo overlooked and he outlasted a ton of people in URL. Even nikkas that got more hype. The beginning of it all I'd say is when he beat Qleen and then.....Qleen was a URL favorite. A few battles later, when he went crazy on Ill Will, everyone finally started paying attention for real.

Daps
I see bars different... I don't get onto Roc because he doesn't have "bars" like Chilla, JC, Ave. I don't see all battlers under this one "bar" lens

Roc will never have "bars" like JC if you look at him through that lens... but "I'm not Pat Stay - you'll get shot for doing it" against Calicoe is one of my favourite main stage bars

He does have some questionable lines though... but nearly everyone does...