Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Their lane is their lane. Qleen told us what it was years ago and we was rocking with it. As much as I want URL to prosper as a business, they can't book street dudes and lowlifes with no jobs or even bank accounts and then tell them "I need you to only be a 80% real nygga today". Shine & Roc almost fought, and what did they do?
They made a whole new event out of it, and got paid again.
If they choose to book matches that are liable to ruin their event, why should we feel sorry for them?

You're not using logic and common sense man. :snoop:

You're more concerned about the "street" feel of a battle and the potential for violence. You're not taking into account the ramifications of losing a venue :snoop:
think long term and about the big picture man :snoop:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Imagine the backlash URL would get for implementing a no touching rule before KOTD and Dont Flop.

Breh, I understand that you think about the backlash URL would get.

But ur forgetting, the fans shouldn't even KNOW a lotta these things we do.
So if they're were doin good business they'd just put it in contract and nobody would ever know, so no backlash to get. Just like they should put it in contract that NOBODY is allowed to mention what they made off a battle

And even ur point about "why do it now" doesn't really make sense.
So because something has been the norm It can't be changed?
Might as well upload battles round for round then.

When I'm gettin at is.
Mook vs Lux pt 1, Mook vs Party Arty, Verb vs Hitman, Ill vs Rex, JC vs Chilla.
What do ALL these battles have in common?
There was NO touching eachother in the battle, so the argument holds no wait.
If URL was smart they would DEFINITELY put it in contract.

And that's coming from a nikka that loved Suge's performance against Saga.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The battles are fine how they are. The "no physical contact" thing is overboard, that's hasn't been apart of the Smack platform, so let's not switch things up now. Once you do that, we have to start creating standard lists of topics the battlers can't touch.
Wack. If you're scared of a battler messing up an event, don't book them.

Imagine the backlash URL would get for implementing a no touching rule before KOTD and Dont Flop.

:what: You battle with words. It's URL not UFC. You act like every battle has pocket checks. It's only a few battles where people go overboard and Suge is the only one it really effects. Slapping someone's hat or that type of physical contact has no place in battles.

You weren't calling a Shine an idiot for causing the 2v2 to get cancelled?:beli:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're not using logic and common sense man. :snoop:

You're more concerned about the "street" feel of a battle and the potential for violence. You're not taking into account the ramifications of losing a venue :snoop:
think long term and about the big picture man :snoop:

You're talking to the wrong person. I have tons of posts on here about venues. But continuing to put all the blame on the battlers and none on the league would be caping.
The brand is built off of a certain type of intensity. Guys like Beasley like to toe the line for the sake of promotion. Most of the times it works, sometimes things go awry. No actual fights occured yesterday, so what's the fuss?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
You're talking to the wrong person. I have tons of posts on here about venues. But continuing to put all the blame on the battlers and none on the league would be caping.
The brand is built off of a certain type of intensity. Guys like Beasley like to toe the line for the sake of promotion. Most of the times it works, sometimes things go awry. No actual fights occured yesterday, so what's the fuss?

The subject at hand is physical contact. You seem to be putting more importance on pushes, shoves, pocket checks and security being rushed to the stage in order to break up fights between battlers and entourages than you are the actual battle :francis:

We've had classic battles without any physical contact :francis:

intensity doesn't mean we have to have a nikka heart checkin another battler

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: You battle with words. It's URL not UFC. You act like every battle has pocket checks. It's only a few battles where people go overboard and Suge is the only one it really effects. Slapping someone's hat or that type of physical contact has no place in battles.

You weren't calling a Shine an idiot for causing the 2v2 to get cancelled?:beli:

I probably did call him and an idiot. THEN URL booked the same battle again. That caused me to look at the situation differently. Who is really the idiot? Is it the league? Is it the battler? Or is it the overzealous fan (myself)?
The leagues manipulate the talent and the fans to some extent. It's all in the game.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Smack is no longer interested in Hitman vs Suge brehs :to:
It might be a STRONG cause of the KD battle.
But I have a STRONG feeling Beasley is behind what Smack said.
That passive aggressive "I wish them the best" shyt has Beasley written all over it :russ:

fukk SMACK for blocking this battle for over TWO YEARS then pulling this shyt when they have Ave and Nitty battling for free.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The subject at hand is physical contact. You seem to be putting more importance on pushes, shoves, pocket checks and security being rushed to the stage in order to break up fights between battlers and entourages than you are the actual battle :francis:

We've had classic battles without any physical contact :francis:

intensity doesn't mean we have to have a nikka heart checkin another battler

I'm not begging for battlers to push and shove each other. I'm just against any special new rules that limit what battlers can and can't do. Let's keep the show going. Shyt is just starting to get good again.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You realize even a "potential" fight can cause sponsors to back out right?

nikkas already mentioned plenty of battles where nikkas didn't touch each other at all and the intensity was still there, that it could be put into the contract and not announced to the fans (the idea of a backlash doesnt even make much sense considering Suge is the ONLY battle who consistently touches people, he's the only one it would hurt) so what's wrong with saying don't touch the other battler in contract form?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk SMACK for blocking this battle for over TWO YEARS then pulling this shyt when they have Ave and Nitty battling for free.

Hitman is probably the reason the battle hasn't hit URL.

At this point Suge has cooled off and who knows if Hitman has anything left. Based on how easily Surf took him out I would've had Suge 3-0.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You realize even a "potential" fight can cause sponsors to back out right?

nikkas already mentioned plenty of battles where nikkas didn't touch each other at all and the intensity was still there, that it could be put into the contract and not announced to the fans (the idea of a backlash doesnt even make much sense considering Suge is the ONLY battle who consistently touches people, he's the only one it would hurt) so what's wrong with saying don't touch the other battler in contract form?

This whole argument is hilarious considering how many of y'all used to say I cape for URL. I just think they'll be ok without the extra rules. I'm not worried about the sponsors anymore either. The battles seemed to get worse when more sponsors came in. We had to deal with 2 years of shytty Clips battles because of a sponsor. DNA is on every card because of a sponsor.
Now we have hungry young nyggas fighting for those slots. The "top tier" vets are really under pressure now. People who weren't able to maximize their talent the first go around are being given another shot.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The battles are fine how they are. The "no physical contact" thing is overboard, that's hasn't been apart of the Smack platform, so let's not switch things up now. Once you do that, we have to start creating standard lists of topics the battlers can't touch.
Wack. If you're scared of a battler messing up an event, don't book them.

1 battler in particular has a topic nobody can talk about and he puts it in his contracts

Rosenberg Raw put in his contract against Suge no physical contact

Neither of these messes up their battle(s)

The street argument can only go so far.