Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You can't say shyt like "if xyz rapper didn't choke, rap a short round, remembered his material, mic was working, was on XYZ league, he would've won" :what:

You know I don't be on no "sheep" shyt. I call it down the middle. surf choked vs Suge and used the bottle as an excuse
I agree that he lied about the bottle and he choked, I'm just saying that his material was fire for Suge.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said he didn't. I'm specifically talking about as of recent. And that's not caping. y'all gotta stop that. Every time someone doesn't agree with y'all narrative it isn't caping it means I'm just not a sheep. I have a different perspective and viewpoints on things. I don't follow along with the pack. I actually analyze situations not just say what all the talking heads are saying.

Surf killed Suge in the first and clearly was about to destroy that nikka. Anyone who says differently just hates that nikka for some weird reason. But that's not my problem.
How was he about to destroy him when after the first he had a combined 1:30 of material left? 2 min if I'm being generous.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
How was he about to destroy him when after the first he had a combined 1:30 of material left? 2 min if I'm being generous.

I don't know why you are even entertaining that dude, he is a Surf Stan.

How are you about to destroy somebody when you write one round of good material? Surf gets points for his inability to properly prepare for Suge? :pachaha:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Cmon man. Stop that shyt bro. Surf has clearly lost before because he had subpar material. He's also lost because of choking too. You can't be caping for nikkaz like that :snoop:

Surf has been trash before. You're making crazy excuses for that nikka man :what:

:mjlol:

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
Last nights AFR was LIT!!!
Even Posey couldn't defend this nikka Surf, nikka sounded mad depressed:russ:
Polo acting like his phone don't work all of a sudden :mjlol:

Their breakdown off Surf's resume was :wow::wow::wow:

• Clear Losses
DNA
Yung Ill
Big T
Clips
Calicoe
Verb
Suge
Rex
  • Debatables
Conceited (L imo)
Hollow (L imo)
Tay roc
  • Wins
Brixx
Shine
X Factor
Holla

CAPS is gonna drop a blog about his resume soon :obama:

Are these facts ?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Material was much better. His first obliterated Suge's first and his second was better material just choked.

Surf was the better lyricist. Surf was way more believable. Surf had much stronger personal attacks.

Suge came with the same aggression. Same gimmicks. Same filler bars, with a creative punch only once in awhile. Illogical personal angles, and false facts.

Let's be real here, Surf had Suge under the wing for YEARS. Suge's usual shtick just doesn't look right. He doesn't have more street cred than Surf. He can't outrap Surf. He can't say Surf isn't a good friend, because the Detroit situation says otherwise. Suge was just tired of Surf talking down to him. I respect it, but he had to at least show that he could put on a better show than Surf, and he didn't.

In the 2nd, Surf spit half of a round, but Suge spent half of his round remixing a Jadakiss verse. No one felt it.

Surf's diva-ish behavior & short rounds aren't a good look for battle rap at all. Especially since he's one of the premier talents in this genre. Suge 2-1 (by default)? That's fine. But Surf outrapped Suge + made him look childish and generic.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Freshurl when he's stanning his favorite battlers:
full

If this was me trying to cape for Danny Myers, I wouldn't hear the end of it, be called a Myers Stan, etc. So how come you guys never say anything when Freshurl drops his bias ass opinions? There's a good 15 of us here that post in TBZ on a consistent basis, yet Lott and momentum were the only ones to call out his bullsh*t caping for Surf? :what:

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Geechi Gotti on another card

:blessed:

Gunbutt 'em, give him an ass to kiss
30 shots, Pusha T
That mean we only using half a Clip :obama:

If you think you betta than me, then nikka keep dreaming on
I snatch ya heart and pour codeine on it

Ya pride is what I'm leanin on :wow:

Y'all wonder why I'm tripping right, our lives I that much different right?
When they gave my bro a L, tears fell
Talkin about that shyt right now make a nikka wanna cry :to:
Cause he hit a nikka the other day like
:jbhmm:"What you doin bro?"
I said "you know, I'm just livin life":manny:
and his response was "so am I" :mjcry:
If you ain't catch that, that mean that killer shyt is not you
I'm living life cause I want to, he's livin life cause he got to :wow::wow::wow:

That nikka Geechi Gotti was SPITTIN :whew:
And he Locc'n FORREAL

:ohhh:

:blessed:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Surf was the better lyricist. Surf was way more believable. Surf had much stronger personal attacks.

Suge came with the same aggression. Same gimmicks. Same filler bars, with a creative punch only once in awhile. Illogical personal angles, and false facts.

Let's be real here, Surf had Suge under the wing for YEARS. Suge's usual shtick just doesn't look right. He doesn't have more street cred than Surf. He can't outrap Surf. He can't say Surf isn't a good friend, because the Detroit situation says otherwise. Suge was just tired of Surf talking down to him. I respect it, but he had to at least show that he could put on a better show than Surf, and he didn't.

In the 2nd, Surf spit half of a round, but Suge spent half of his round remixing a Jadakiss verse. No one felt it.

Surf's diva-ish behavior & short rounds aren't a good look for battle rap at all. Especially since he's one of the premier talents in this genre. Suge 2-1 (by default)? That's fine. But Surf outrapped Suge + made him look childish and generic.
Couldn't have said it better