Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Anyone feel free to answer this. When did it become in battle rap that a high volume puncher just COULDN'T lose in the fans eyes?

We all know they've all lost and eventually fell off, but they've all had that wave where fans just told themselves 'X' guy can't lose.

Happened with JC, Chilla, Magic, and now Nitty. Maybe a few others I'm forgetting.
I wouldn't call JC or Chilla "Punchline" rappers. But to answer your question, it's just the era we're in where bars supersede everything.

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Anyone feel free to answer this. When did it become in battle rap that a high volume puncher just COULDN'T lose in the fans eyes?

We all know they've all lost and eventually fell off, but they've all had that wave where fans just told themselves 'X' guy can't lose.

Happened with JC, Chilla, Magic, and now Nitty. Maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

I blame Chilla:manny: he came in with next to no performance, zero charisma, just a crazy pen and rose to the top. Since then the bar for bar movement has continued to grow, with guys like Myers, Danja and Nitty.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I blame Chilla:manny: he came in with next to no performance, zero charisma, just a crazy pen and rose to the top. Since then the bar for bar movement has continued to grow, with guys like Myers, Danja and Nitty.
Ave kind of falls in that category but he also has a presence. I've seen Ave live and he wasn't as confident as he is now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets be real Roc aint on Nitty level lyrically. That being said he wasnt either vs Surf Clips Red Magic Ill will etc. and he managed to make every single one debetable. To say Nitty will trash him when none of the named could is a Dot like reach.
Not to mention he killed JC and JC's pen is top notch. :smugfavre:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bigg K

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Not to mention he killed JC and JC's pen is top notch. :smugfavre:
stopit.gif