Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Swave doesn't sound right on certain up-tempo beats.

I still remember going back and forth whether I thought his verse in one of Immortal Tech's joints was good.

I also remember getting the track on shuffle AFTER I got back to battlerap and realizing who it was like :gladbron:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still remember going back and forth whether I thought his verse in one of Immortal Tech's joints was good.

I also remember getting the track on shuffle AFTER I got back to battlerap and realizing who it was like :gladbron:

Was Swave more offbeat than Tech was? Tech's flow was terrible on Vol. 1, but it has gotten much better since.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Surf always sound like he's about to cry on a beat. And he uses the word paranoia like Stephen A. uses temerity.

Surf needs some guidance in the booth.

I get what he's tryna do as far as tryna make the listeners "feel" that what he's sayin is official.
But in all reality, he would sound better if he'd rap more confident spitting his street shyt and only strained his voice like that when he spits his heartfelt bars.

Surf is an artist I'd really be interested in to produce for

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Yo Lush went live on FB about that QOTR vs Fresh Coast event. Turns out, he dug deeper into his profile and found he was a former crooked LAPD cop.
AND dude was like being funny on paying everyone after he said he was going to make it right with the fans on AFM radio.
*Unbias voice* Who raised these nikkas?
:snoop:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
"These nikkaz do diss tracks, see the nikka and won't do shyt to em, I'll go in a nikkaz shyt then make a diss track about what I did to him"

download
download
download

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
From what I gathered from the AFR interviews, the sponsors pulled out because he tried to go too big with the venue & accommodations (Lush's wife said they had vegan catering) but the ticket sales weren't what they thought it would be. They contracted QOTR to use their battlers and their name, but they didn't enlist Lush or Debo for assistance with promotion. Debo was pressing him to give the battlers their 2nd half before they battled. He didn't want to do that, so he chose to walk away with a 50k loss instead of a 75k loss. Tickets were only 30/40 dollars, so he wasn't going to get much back off the door.

Also, Debo is another person who has gone on record to say you can't make a lot of money throwing battle events in the West Coast.
full

Picturing battle rappers and battle rap fans having to deal with vegan catering has got me chuckling like an idiot right now :mjlol:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
full

Picturing battle rappers and battle rap fans having to deal with vegan catering has got me chuckling like an idiot right now :mjlol:
According to Reecee on AFR ladies:

No bar either :martin:

No drinks at all, not even water :martin:

The venue opening at 2pm, the promoter didn't start letting people in until 7 :martin:

Mic'ing people up at 9pm :martin:

I.O.U's for the airfare and hotels :martin: