Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So according to unbias Born vs BC is probably not happening. Born is saying he was supposed to be paid. Norbes is saying Born agreed to battle for free.

God damn shame what they doing to born. PAY THAT MAN :damn:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So according to unbias Born vs BC is probably not happening. Born is saying he was supposed to be paid. Norbes is saying Born agreed to battle for free.

God damn shame what they doing to born. PAY THAT MAN :damn:
Born ain't got a buzz. He needs to put himself in a position to get paid. That's just how this shyt works in general. :yeshrug:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Born ain't got a buzz. He needs to put himself in a position to get paid. That's just how this shyt works in general. :yeshrug:

Naw fukk that. You cant tell me Born isn't a big enough name to get paid when u have pgs out here getting a check. Im not counting anyones pocket. But in no way are you going to tell me Born should be battling for free for all the work he put in.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw fukk that. You cant tell me Born isn't a big enough name to get paid when u have pgs out here getting a check. Im not counting anyones pocket. But in no way are you going to tell me Born should be battling for free for all the work he put in.

If Im Born and I know Dot gets paid while URL is tryna make me battle for free, I'd be heated

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought Lionz Den/Sub.0 had a history of "set up" battles and Roc/Clips was no different. You could argue that whole platform was built to push Harlem dudes.

But anyways my top 5 right now URL era (no order)

Hitman/Verb
Lux/Hollow
Con/Surf
Con/Hitman
Pat/Hollohan

Edit: 2014 was a good ass year for URL. I edited this several times for 2014 PGs.

I'd like to see you make that argument. I don't think it will hold up at all. Arsonal has gone out of his way to promote Jersey talent on UDUBB. Every opponent O-Red has faced on UDUBB/UW was a bigger name than he was. Even when he battled X-Factor, that was close to the height of X-Factor's popularity when he was considered "top tier". I'd also say the Fresh Coast movement has clearly gone more out of their way to push locals.

Lux was looking for hungry new talent and Harlem is the street battle rap mecca. He probably wasn't paying anyone, and Sub-O DVD doesn't have the same clout as Smack, so his reach wasn't as big. And yes, Head Ice was the golden boy of that movement until Lux split from Sub 0. But Head Ice was more known than the people he was battling.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Im Born and I know Dot gets paid while URL is tryna make me battle for free, I'd be heated

That line of thinking is why guys like Born end up in these situations in the first place.

Let's just look at this for a second. They were both on the same Syndicate Cartel card over a year ago.

Born v Xcel (oooh sounds like a highly anticipated BARFEST) 57,506 views

Dot v Dubby Dub (WTF is a Dubby Dub?, have we ever heard of him? Ok maybe he had a buzz somewhere) 77,715 views

This is just one example, but the numbers show Dot is a bigger name on the net.

Are we even going to debate whose name sells more tickets? Are we going to debate who puts on a better show for the live audience? When you watch a Born battle do we hear people hooping and hollering after every other line? A Dot battle is eventful.

And URL already has a guy who is somewhat similar to Born, but has more street cred, star power, and a better understanding of how a punchline guy can captivate a live crowd.

Rum-Nitty-3-300x300.jpg

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That line of thinking is why guys like Born end up in these situations in the first place.

Let's just look at this for a second. They were both on the same Syndicate Cartel card over a year ago.

Born v Xcel (oooh sounds like a highly anticipated BARFEST) 57,506 views

Dot v Dubby Dub (WTF is a Dubby Dub?, have we ever heard of him? Ok maybe he had a buzz somewhere) 77,715 views

This is just one example, but the numbers show Dot is a bigger name on the net.

Are we even going to debate whose name sells more tickets? Are we going to debate who puts on a better show for the live audience? When you watch a Born battle do we hear people hooping and hollering after every other line? A Dot battle is eventful.

And URL already has a guy who is somewhat similar to Born, but has more street cred, star power, and a better understanding of how a punchline guy can captivate a live crowd.

Rum-Nitty-3-300x300.jpg

I agree with all of that.

None of that means Born should be battling FOR FREE though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Norbes tryna deflect..AngryFan brought up a legit question about the PGs that they're promoting and how all of them aren't that good so he says what about Nitty/Ave.
They brought up how url got like 8 we go hard nikkas over there and norbes reply was

"Look at all the people we got from the south, t top, brizzz, glu, nunn nunn"

nikka compared an entire REGION with a single league :dead: on top of that none of the south dudes sound anywhere near similar like the WGH nikkas are

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with all of that.

None of that means Born should be battling FOR FREE though.

Again, it's foul because he was deceived. But what leverage does he have to get paid on URL? They have all the leverage here. Have we forgotten that this battle revived Born's career?

How lit would Born be if he 3-0'd Carter and threw some shots at Chilla in the 3rd?
All the leagues would be reaching out to him.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
That fat fukk Norbes still at it I see. Hope he attends another bbq in the south soon.

I'm a Streetstar forrreal
Palm the steel :violent:
I can punch him like Norbes..
For standin behind the grill, EWWW
- Gwitty vs Dougy

I was thinking about these bars last week when Gwitty was basically begging URL to fukk with him on FB.

I wouldn't be surprised if these bars sorta got him blackballed by Norbes..