Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just think there's probably a chance at least 2 battles that could get vaulted just because URL staff might get into it with someone while they wait for their battle to drop

multiple battles with crowds pumping gas.

after the the NJT/Dougy battle, they should drop something from Traffic. Reception for BL3 battles has been average at best.

This is where things get sticky for people who are into the forums & battle rap facebook groups. On one hand, we have the perception of the seasoned fan who likes to correspond with other battle rap diehards. A lot of us think that the Mike P v Daylyt battle was underwhelming. And then we have the reality of Daylyt vs Mike P having 460k views in two weeks.

Throw "Daylyt Mike P" in the search box for Youtube and just look at all the stuff that comes up. At least two pages of videos with thousands of views. At least 4 videos on the Street Fighter stuff alone. There is a guy who is posting Daylyt & Mike P's breakdowns from Facebook. The reception for that battle has been above average.

And I don't know if I can find any requests to see that match-up prior to the battle. Personally I haven't watched it twice, but at this point I realize most battle rap fans aren't as critical as I am.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
14516410_172186996560042_5356441609553398567_n.jpg

apparently Born didn't know URL wanted them to battle for free so he gave them the :camby:

Born WitBars I signed a contract that said i would get a certain amount to battle... So thr whole time im assuming this is the case... I ask for a advance and nikkaz say im not gettin paid... The excuse was bogus too...

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who is Arsonal battling at Nome?

:jbhmm:

I'm thinking it's someone relatively new. There's the possibility that him being allowed to take Tay Roc over at UDUBB means a favor is owed to Smack.

I hope I'm wrong. I can tolerate Ars vs Brizz or Ave, but I'm not sure I'm interested in seeing him against any of the other new guys. I want to see him vs Danny Myers, but URL isn't putting that on NOME. I want to see him vs Hollow but Hollow probably thinks he needs to prove himself more.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14516410_172186996560042_5356441609553398567_n.jpg

apparently Born didn't know URL wanted them to battle for free so he gave them the :camby:

Born WitBars I signed a contract that said i would get a certain amount to battle... So thr whole time im assuming this is the case... I ask for a advance and nikkaz say im not gettin paid... The excuse was bogus too...

Smack trying to finesse these mid-tiers. Too bad Born hasn't really showed out on the RBE platform, otherwise he could be getting paid and putting in work over there.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smack trying to finesse these mid-tiers. Too bad Born hasn't really showed out on the RBE platform, otherwise he could be getting paid and putting in work over there.
Nah he soley put the blame on Norbes and P [whomever that its] because they're in control of the BL series.

signed a contract saying he was getting paid...he asked for an advance and Norbes said he wasn't getting paid, then tried to tell him people wanna see NJT v Glueazy more than wanting to see Born back on URL.

Damn Norbes told Born he's worth nothing

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Nah he soley put the blame on Norbes and P [whomever that its] because they're in control of the BL series.

signed a contract saying he was getting paid...he asked for an advance and Norbes said he wasn't getting paid, then tried to tell him people wanna see NJT v Glueazy more than wanting to see Born back on URL.

Damn Norbes told Born he's worth nothing
Yea but norbes would never be able to make that call if Smack and Beasley aint cosign it

Born the krillin of battlerap

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When I said Smack I meant "Smack" as a company. I don't think Norbes and P do this stuff against anyone else's wishes. It's just the ugly side of business imo. They are making budget cuts, so naturally they lean on the little guy to do more for less (no pun intended). They recognized that in the grand scheme of things, Born needs them more than they need Born, so they pulled this move. Born makes that money back easily if he has a great showing on BL4.
Pretty sure Smack/Beasley/Cheeko would have been happy to get that battle for free if possible, and they aren't going to lament it's loss either.

If I'm wrong then one of those bosses at Smack will cut Born a check.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at how they've been stringing JC along. :yeshrug:
They want him back on the platform, but they have no real reason to pay him. :francis: