Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Syah boy is one of those nyggas that I look at, & I just don't like him. The type of nygga you don't even know personally & he hasn't done anything to you.

I don't know if it's the fitted hat with those stupid ass glasses, I don't what it is, but I don't like that nygga.

He just gets hate cause he cool with JJDD. There is literally nothing different between Syah and people like Lottazay Showoff Steams etc. People just hate JJDD and everyone he cliques with.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
prolly cuz he best friends with TODD, that shyt rubs off

There is no reason that you should dislike anyone that has done absolutely nothing to you, but every now & then, you cross paths with a nygga & you just don't like it. It can be the look, the vibe they are giving off, whatever, you just don't like the nygga. Every nygga can relate to this. Not only that, you get in some type of social situation where you end up interacting with this nygga and you turn out to be right. :mjlol:

As for Todd, I don't dislike him. Is Todd even unlikable? I just don't think he's a very good battle rapper.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
He just gets hate cause he cool with JJDD. There is literally nothing different between Syah and people like Lottazay Showoff Steams etc. People just hate JJDD and everyone he cliques with.

You guys don't get it.. The way Syah carries himself is annoying. The way he rocks his hat, those stupid glasses. He tries to hard to be something he's not. Like he's too hollywood for battlerap. FOH.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Syah boy is one of those nyggas that I look at, & I just don't like him. The type of nygga you don't even know personally & he hasn't done anything to you.

I don't know if it's the fitted hat with those stupid ass glasses, I don't what it is, but I don't like that nygga.

It's that nikka's demeanor breh.
Same shyt w/ ShowOff, like my nikka.. You ain't THAT nice to be as arrogant as you are fam.
You came in the game takin L's and Choking.

Syah same thing, my nikka you ain't THAT nice.
And you got L's my nikka.
You look mad goofy PG steppin w/ them glasses.
And op top of that you the thief's LIL homie?
The nikka that's extra confident w/ no skillset of his own except stealin?
nikka stop it

A nikka like Serius has the same arrogance that makes people not like him except he has the skills and resume to back up his arrogance. (A lotta people don't like him but acknowledge that)
He came in the game a champ.
He's allowed to talk his shyt and be arrogant

Compare Syah and ShowOff
to nikkas come up like T Top (pre main-stage)
And Ave (right now)

I wouldn't even have mind if THEY were as arrogant as them because they actually ran thru all of their opponents.
Yet they're mad humble in their come up.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys don't get it.. The way Syah carries himself is annoying. The way he rocks his hat, those stupid glasses. He tries to hard to be something he's not. Like he's too hollywood for battlerap. FOH.

Spud just described it.

Yall naming all these other nyggas, but that isn't it. It's Syah man. The nygga looks foolish. That's all there is to it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
There is no reason that you should dislike anyone that has done absolutely nothing to you, but every now & then, you cross paths with a nygga & you just don't like it. It can be the look, the vibe they are giving off, whatever, you just don't like the nygga. Every nygga can relate to this. Not only that, you get in some type of social situation where you end up interacting with this nygga and you turn out to be right. :mjlol:

As for Todd, I don't dislike him. Is Todd even unlikable? I just don't think he's a very good battle rapper.
Im sayin i feel the same way about todd

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Naw. Syah tries to pull off the too cool for school thing and it doesn't work for him, he just seems douchy. JJDD doesn't even have that issue, John John seems pretty friendly.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw. Syah tries to pull off the too cool for school thing and it doesn't work for him, he just seems douchy. JJDD doesn't even have that issue, John John seems pretty friendly.

Todd got to where he is off networking. He's a people person. When people say they don't like Todd, it's based off his battle rap ability.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

You know what it is with TODD..

I HATE that nikka, but he's smart and makes all the right moves in his career I wish my fav battlers woulda did.

I've noticed this many times in the moves he made and when he's spoken on things in his career.
I'm not surprised he's that good at networking and has such a good career inside and outside of battlerap.

Even a couple days ago he was on AFR speaking on Trez's situation and how he tries to manage him but he's just being stubborn and not seeing the long term vision to become a household name.
He basically said everything I woulda said to Trez to get him to the top.

His moves and insights are undeniable imo

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

I see the "too cool for school" thing about him. But is that a reason to discredit him?? There's plenty of cocky battle rappers out there.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me add Brixx to that as well.
images

images

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see the "too cool for school" thing about him. But is that a reason to discredit him?? There's plenty of cocky battle rappers out there.

I'm trying to think a battle rapper who is just as cocky as Syah, but has even less clout inside & outside of battle rap.

Spee Dolla is a name that comes to mind, but Spee was helping run Block city so he gets some respect.

Jimz seems to have some clout outside of battle rap.

Even QP Sons has managed to endear himself to more fans & colleagues over the last year or two, he had the whole obnoxious thing going on for the longest.

Jay Rell comes to mind, but he runs a league too.