Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm with you on all this. But understand they'll clown KOTD for the bunker and be like oh that Traffic/URL West shyt don't count because its not in New York and all this. I say fukk that. If SMACK URL drops the battle on their channel, regardless of what city it was in, the shyt fukkin counts.

On another note, the Bunker has turned out the better battles this year consistently, IMO. Some of the bigger battles may be short like Bigg K vs. Cortez or just not very great like J-Pro vs. Bill Collector....but shyt like Head ICE vs. Carter Deems was dope that came out.....Thesaurus vs. Daylyt was ill......and P-Nut vs. Bonnie Godiva was goo.
Yea i moreso blame URL for pretending like they give a shyt about westcoast events, there's no reason why KOTD can have multiple events over there in quality venues and the URL can't

Traffic is just an excuse for them to try to get west coast dudes under their thumb, compare the promo for traffic with the Born Legacy's and the Rookies vs. Vets and it's obvious what they care about

Url so ass backwards they even stopped doing their "in the studio" face off series which doesnt make any sense, that shyt was perfect for building hype for battles people were on the fence about

Built hype for Wavy/Kshine, a battle nobody was interested in til we seen them talkin dat shyt

Sold the fukk outta Dot/Bill Collector imo, shyt turned into a roasting session

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yea i moreso blame URL for pretending like they give a shyt about westcoast events, there's no reason why KOTD can have multiple events over there in quality venues and the URL can't

Traffic is just an excuse for them to try to get west coast dudes under their thumb, compare the promo for traffic with the Born Legacy's and the Rookies vs. Vets and it's obvious what they care about

Url so ass backwards they even stopped doing their "in the studio" face off series which doesnt make any sense, that shyt was perfect for building hype for battles people were on the fence about

Built hype for Wavy/Kshine, a battle nobody was interested in til we seen them talkin dat shyt

Sold the fukk outta Dot/Bill Collector imo, shyt turned into a roasting session
All facts

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Maaan swave talkin that shyt to Tink woulda been flames

URL just be freestylin year to year, no solid structure outside of NOME/SM and even those got more unorganized as time went along
I'm not one of those dudes breaking down URL business tactics but I wonder if they have employees with administrative experience

It would be sad to look back and attribute their dominance to a vacuum more than anything else

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LA events don't give off the same feel, that's what makes it so difficult for Smack & QOTR to successfully expand out West.

KOTD battles look largely the same regardless of venue, as they are done pit style with no stage. Same KOTD staff taking up 1/2 the shot everytime. There isn't much of a feel outside of Avocado's great camera work and editing.

Also peep that happy go lucky battle rap crowd that infests every "street" event.
If you look at the Url West, QOTR West & LA Battleground events you see the same people in the crowd. They are going to cheer for anything decent. The closest they have gotten to that feel is some of the recent LA Battlegrounds events, and even those don't match the tension of that first set of dingy Smack Url basement events.

In a perfect world someone like John Doe would be handling the West Coast footage to give it some life.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hello everyone,

Apparently I was wrong about the westcoast. They are changing the game this year.

Mistah Fab is putting together an event in Oakland. This shyt will change the game. I heard a couple of battles. Mistah vs Charlie Clips? Fire! Serius Jones vs Arsonal Da Rebel? Jersey vs Jersey? Bmagic is on the card & of course you got the mixtape mega star Tsu Surf. Legendary card.

You got URL Traffic 2 that just happened. DOPE! The card was fire!

You got QOTR Rookies vs Vets coming up. The shyt is fire man. The main event of Phara Funeral vs Robin Rhymes is worth the price of the event alone.

QOTR vs the Fresh Coast? It's fire man I can't front. Another dope ass card.

That AHAT "Set Trippin" Card? :whew:Lil Piru vs Big Artillery? Hosted by OD? That agressive content. They went from throwing events like Midget Massacre to finally putting together a real card with real street content.

The west owns the 4th quarter this year.

They bringing out St Louis nyggas. Bmagic coming out. Verb coming out to face BDot.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how losing 1 venue fukked up The rest of URLs year.

That and being petty finally backfiring on them

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Myers said fukk the contract and still got rex and now steams on bl4
Yk doin whatever he wants
Daylyt was supposed to be on Sm3 and he aint sign no contract

LMAO

Danny gave Smack a free headliner that he committed to another league, let's not rehash that....

Bro if I'm not mistaken all 3 of them signed a URL deal this year.

Daylyt has backed out of 2 LA Battlegrounds events already... Danny has slowed down considerably... YK battled John John & Charlie Clips yet no one cared, so I'm sure he's happy to be riding that Smack URL wave at this point.

You do well on Smack, you get a different type of love.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Hello everyone,

Apparently I was wrong about the westcoast. They are changing the game this year.

Mistah Fab is putting together an event in Oakland. This shyt will change the game. I heard a couple of battles. Mistah vs Charlie Clips? Fire! Serius Jones vs Arsonal Da Rebel? Jersey vs Jersey? Bmagic is on the card & of course you got the mixtape mega star Tsu Surf. Legendary card.

You got URL Traffic 2 that just happened. DOPE! The card was fire!

You got QOTR Rookies vs Vets coming up. The shyt is fire man. The main event of Phara Funeral vs Robin Rhymes is worth the price of the event alone.

QOTR vs the Fresh Coast? It's fire man I can't front. Another dope ass card.

That AHAT "Set Trippin" Card? :whew:Lil Piru vs Big Artillery? Hosted by OD? That agressive content. They went from throwing events like Midget Massacre to finally putting together a real card with real street content.

The west owns the 4th quarter this year.

They bringing out St Louis nyggas. Bmagic coming out. Verb coming out to face BDot.

Worship Deity Daylyt.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rum Nitty doesn't give two shyts about "The Bunker". Neither does Daylyt or Danny Myers. Has B Dot ever entertained the idea of battling on KOTD? Does Pass care about The Bunker? KG Da Poet, Profecy, and Stuey Newton don't care, regardless of how much we care about them.
Of course whenever some URL shyt looks shaky, nyggas act like the sky is falling and KOTD is taking over. But that's not how this shyt works.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maaan swave talkin that shyt to Tink woulda been flames

URL just be freestylin year to year, no solid structure outside of NOME/SM and even those got more unorganized as time went along
Honestly I think Smack and Beas are sick of dealing with most of the talent and don't want to spend the energy trying to gather emcees for a face off. Because logically it makes no sense not to do them if you can. UW had the GOAT face offs though. ("Get the water Red", Hollow questioning Lux's age with Lux evading questions like a prime Harlem politician, Ars making an ass out of himself talking to Clips)