Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMAO

Danny gave Smack a free headliner that he committed to another league, let's not rehash that....

Bro if I'm not mistaken all 3 of them signed a URL deal this year.

Daylyt has backed out of 2 LA Battlegrounds events already... Danny has slowed down considerably... YK battled John John & Charlie Clips yet no one cared, so I'm sure he's happy to be riding that Smack URL wave at this point.

You do well on Smack, you get a different type of love.
I don't think TBZ really recognizes the amount of battle rap fans that know URL and NOTHING else. I can't tell you the amount of battle rap fans I know personally who don't even know who Dizaster or Pat Stay are and these cats are legends. Dudes that didn't know Daylyt even rapped until a few weeks ago, they only knew there was a weird dude with a face tattoo that talked about fukking Diddy on Vlad.

Burnshen

All Star
Daps
Honestly I think Smack and Beas are sick of dealing with most of the talent and don't want to spend the energy trying to gather emcees for a face off. Because logically it makes no sense not to do them if you can. UW had the GOAT face offs though. ("Get the water Red", Hollow questioning Lux's age with Lux evading questions like a prime Harlem politician, Ars making an ass out of himself talking to Clips)

Let's not forget the most quotable thing Surfs ever said

"YA DADDY GOT CAUGHT, STUPID!"

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think Smack and Beas are sick of dealing with most of the talent and don't want to spend the energy trying to gather emcees for a face off. Because logically it makes no sense not to do them if you can. UW had the GOAT face offs though. ("Get the water Red", Hollow questioning Lux's age with Lux evading questions like a prime Harlem politician, Ars making an ass out of himself talking to Clips)
:dead: "WERE YOU ON THE TOUR JOHN LUX?!!"

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They are conducting business with nyggas who grew up in low income areas.. That's the reality of the situation. The shyt has got to be tiring man. Battle rap nyggas have been exposed. Most of these nyggas don't even have bank accounts.

Hell my own mom does "nygga" business over dumb shyt. Someone cuts the grass. "Yeah Ill pay you next time." They come back, she don't answer the door. Just little funny shyt. I tell her don't play with people's money.:ufdup:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea i moreso blame URL for pretending like they give a shyt about westcoast events, there's no reason why KOTD can have multiple events over there in quality venues and the URL can't

Traffic is just an excuse for them to try to get west coast dudes under their thumb, compare the promo for traffic with the Born Legacy's and the Rookies vs. Vets and it's obvious what they care about

Url so ass backwards they even stopped doing their "in the studio" face off series which doesnt make any sense, that shyt was perfect for building hype for battles people were on the fence about

Built hype for Wavy/Kshine, a battle nobody was interested in til we seen them talkin dat shyt

Sold the fukk outta Dot/Bill Collector imo, shyt turned into a roasting session

They only did the in studio series for 2 events. The series was dope but let's be honest, would you spend money flying these bytch ass battle rappers in to come do this shyt?

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2j316yv.jpg

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
They are conducting business with nyggas who grew up in low income areas.. That's the reality of the situation. The shyt has got to be tiring man. Battle rap nyggas have been exposed. Most of these nyggas don't even have bank accounts.

Hell my own mom does "nygga" business over dumb shyt. Someone cuts the grass. "Yeah Ill pay you next time." They come back, she don't answer the door. Just little funny shyt. I tell her don't play with people's money.:ufdup:

SMH :laff: