Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14231755_1670533099931566_4349385196160422104_o.jpg

YOOOOOO :russ:

Glueazy let that crackerbarrel go OFF at Mike P :bustback: :dead:

White boy....boss status...the headcracker :whew:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Smack said they made money from the ppv iirc

His problem with it is he couldnt stretch out the release of battles because the bootlegs were out immediately

URL's ppv was actually one of the cleanest ones i remember seeing that year

I stand corrected and you're right. I remember they had a beef with PPV and held off from doing it because of the money or the bootlegs.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
:what:

LMAO URL has you nikkas fooled into thinking they didn't profit from ppv. The two times they did PPV, the events were sold out.. So how exactly did they get screwed from the extra ppv money?:dahell:

Pretty much.

Also Smack felt some kind of way about the general public viewing the footage w/o URL being able to edit it

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smack said they made money from the ppv iirc

His problem with it is he couldnt stretch out the release of battles because the bootlegs were out immediately

URL's ppv was actually one of the cleanest ones i remember seeing that year

I stand corrected and you're right. I remember they had a beef with PPV and held off from doing it because of the money or the bootlegs.

It was both

Smack gave mixed messages about the PPV profits

After NOME 5 Smack said the PPV money wasn't lucrative for them. I specifically remember him saying they wouldn't do another PPV

... Then they turned around and did a PPV for SM5.

My guess is expectations fell short but they did make some good bread off the PPVs. They just don't want battlers to know that, because the inflated prices these guys are asking for would only go up. They didn't even announce they were doing a PPV for SM5 until like a week or two before the event. Really seems like URL likes keeping their talent in the dark

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well apparently Norbes was ashamed fans wouldn't spend two dollars on a battle, however completely glossing over the fact people have spent $30 on PPVs and $100 or more on tickets

URL does cry poverty from time to time, let's be honest

Every business that loses money to bootlegging is prone to complain about it in their own way. Anyway they don't cry poverty, they more so whine about battlers & fans in their pockets. The same fans that steal a PPV will turn around and calculate all your profits, it's a pretty interesting phenomenon.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Every business that loses money to bootlegging is prone to complain about it in their own way. Anyway they don't cry poverty, they more so whine about battlers & fans in their pockets. The same fans that steal a PPV will turn around and calculate all your profits, it's a pretty interesting phenomenon.
Wouldnt of ever happened if people didnt start exposing the costs of business :manny:

Mook permanently fukked up the game :mjlol: nobody be on his neck for it tho

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much.

Also Smack felt some kind of way about the general public viewing the footage w/o URL being able to edit it

It's beyond "feeling some kind of way". Less than a week ago we established that the most seminal Smack URL battle was HEAVILY edited. But a few days later we are undermining the whole presentation process, and think Smack should just let the footage go As-is (PPV footage gets bootlegged immediately) if he can make a couple extra dollars off of it. As we know, any league can host these battles, but it's the presentation that really solidifies each particular brand. That PPV money is short term money, the edited version of Loaded Lux v Calicoe is likely way more valuable to them than the PPV profits made off of Clips/Hollow & Clips/Lux.

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How BL4 is shaping up

Born vs Brooklyn Carter [confirmed]

Danny Myers [i think confirmed] vs ???

Chef Trez vs Mo Mula [confirmed]

potential battles

Tink Da Demon vs The Saga