Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man how many battles does Grey Hoodie Lux have. Its easy to be undefeated when you got 3 battles

It ain't just that, when Lux in that pocket/space nobody wins. Everybody that actually battle rap knows that, that's been an on going fact for the past 17 years. That Lux puts legit fear in everybody, that's not my opinion, I'm not going off wins/losses I'm going off obvious skill set.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? It ain't nothing to force lol. Its a fact that hasn't been proven otherwise. Grey Hoodie Lux has been deemed unbeatable to this day and it's about to be 2025 in a minute. How is he not the greatest we ever seen from that aspect?
I don't remember what color hoodie he was wearing at the time of the beatings but I've seen Lux lose bad bad more than once...couple other times I've seen him arguably lose. Keep in mind, he doesn't even have that many battles on camera and I've seen that...he doesn't have many "Clear" wins. Jordan 6-0 in the Finals champion. And just to make it more comparable, I don't think any of them guys would/could ever beat Mike 1 on 1.

I'm a Lux fanboy, no disrespect whatsoever, I think he's a far better rapper than the battlers who beat him in battles...I'm just saying tho, Mike is something else. Mike vs the field is not Mook or Lux or whoever else vs. the field in battle rap, imo of course. Mike was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than everybody and nigs couldn't beat him.

If Twork had his same battle rap skillset with like a DNA's work ethic/preparation, you might be able to make the argument that...I aint gonna say it but yeah.

Last edited:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't remember what color hoodie he was wearing at the time of the beatings but I've seen Lux lose bad bad more than once...couple other times I've seen him arguably lose. Keep in mind, he doesn't even have that many battles on camera and I've seen that...he doesn't have many "Clear" wins. Jordan 6-0 in the Finals champion. And just to make it more comparable, I don't think any of them guys would/could ever beat Mike 1 on 1.

I'm a Lux fanboy, no disrespect whatsoever, I think he's a far better rapper than the battlers who beat him in battles...I'm just saying tho, Mike is something else. Mike vs the field is not Mook or Lux or whoever else vs. the field in battle rap, imo of course. Mike was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than everybody and nigs couldn't beat him.

If Twork had his same battle rap skillset with like a DNA's work ethic/preparation, you might be able to make the argument that...I aint gonna say it but yeah.

What clear Ls does he have other than geechi and mook?

He has plenty of clear wins lol tf you mean lol? Miles hollow surf clips verb nitty etc etc

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What clear Ls does he have other than geechi and mook?

He has plenty of clear wins lol tf you mean lol? Miles hollow surf clips verb nitty etc etc
Those are them, 2

He didn't clearly beat Hollow or Clips or Verb...why would you even say that? Lol, it's clear they weren't clear. I had him winning those but a lot of people don't. I think Nitty was amazing but I still had Lux winning that in a convincing 2-1 so I'll give you that. I'll give you Miles.

That's 2 "Clear" wins out of how many? Just as many clear losses as clear wins.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Those are them, 2

He didn't clearly beat Hollow or Clips or Verb...why would you even say that? Lol, it's clear they weren't clear. I had him winning those but a lot of people don't. I think Nitty was amazing but I still had Lux winning that in a convincing 2-1 so I'll give you that. I'll give you Miles.

That don't mean they weren't clear. That just means people are dumb. Lux clearly won all those battles.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That don't mean they weren't clear. That just means people are dumb. Lux clearly won all those battles.
The people who felt the others won, which there is a lot of, could say the exact same thing you just said about them about you (and me).

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those are them, 2

They were all clear to me (hollow battle became clear over time and clips got disected imo) and to most of TBZ. That's the only consensus that I take seriously tbh.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were all clear to me (hollow battle became clear over time and clips got disected imo) and to most of TBZ. That's the only consensus that I take seriously tbh.
I dig it, respect. I find my opinions usually align way more with the battle rappers than the fans…I think a lot of times fans can have favorites (and battlers they hate, lol) and that sways their opinions a lot. Not saying the battlers don’t, but they’re a little more objective.

I think Lux outraps pretty much all of his opponents…but a hard truth about battle rap is that it’s not about rapping skills necessarily, it’s about battling skills, you have to win the battle. I’m sure Chilla “rapped” better than Rex, but seemingly everyone is saying Rex clearly won the battle. Lux raps wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Geechi Gotti, but he got smoked. If we’re just judging the rapping then I’m with you, Lux better than everybody in battle rap imo

Funny shhit is, at least to me, I thought Nitty outrapped him…I may be in the minority but I’ve watched that jawn like 5 times. Nitty rapped better imo but Lux outbattled the shhit out of him and won that battle. What’s scary about that is it means Lux is adapting and getting smarter…maybe even better, at battling. That’s crazy, lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it’s even kinda sorta close, or at least a little conceivable, people will jack it, 😆, that’s how most comparisons and analogies and shhit like that work. That’s a tough pic tho, 🫡.

Aint no battle rap MJ, someone who is just clearly the greatest we’ve ever seen…but I guess if you had to force one, it would be Mook or Lux, 🤷🏽‍♂️
MJ ain’t that in basketball either. LeBron is. But that’s another topic.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dig it, respect. I find my opinions usually align way more with the battle rappers than the fans…I think a lot of times fans can have favorites (and battlers they hate, lol) and that sways their opinions a lot. Not saying the battlers don’t, but they’re a little more objective.

I think Lux outraps pretty much all of his opponents…but a hard truth about battle rap is that it’s not about rapping skills necessarily, it’s about battling skills, you have to win the battle. I’m sure Chilla “rapped” better than Rex, but seemingly everyone is saying Rex clearly won the battle. Lux raps wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Geechi Gotti, but he got smoked. If we’re just judging the rapping then I’m with you, Lux better than everybody in battle rap imo

Funny shhit is, at least to me, I thought Nitty outrapped him…I may be in the minority but I’ve watched that jawn like 5 times. Nitty rapped better imo but Lux outbattled the shhit out of him and won that battle. What’s scary about that is it means Lux is adapting and getting smarter…maybe even better, at battling. That’s crazy, lol.
Nah, battlers are the least objective lol. All of those guys have personal relationships and actual agendas to push.