Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
I dig it, respect. I find my opinions usually align way more with the battle rappers than the fans…I think a lot of times fans can have favorites (and battlers they hate, lol) and that sways their opinions a lot. Not saying the battlers don’t, but they’re a little more objective.

I think Lux outraps pretty much all of his opponents…but a hard truth about battle rap is that it’s not about rapping skills necessarily, it’s about battling skills, you have to win the battle. I’m sure Chilla “rapped” better than Rex, but seemingly everyone is saying Rex clearly won the battle. Lux raps wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Geechi Gotti, but he got smoked. If we’re just judging the rapping then I’m with you, Lux better than everybody in battle rap imo

Funny shhit is, at least to me, I thought Nitty outrapped him…I may be in the minority but I’ve watched that jawn like 5 times. Nitty rapped better imo but Lux outbattled the shhit out of him and won that battle. What’s scary about that is it means Lux is adapting and getting smarter…maybe even better, at battling. That’s crazy, lol.

I think Daylyt is the only one that would force Lux to go into his Hot 97/Manifest Destiny bag rapping-wise combined with his improved approach to battling in this era.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
The SAME NIKKAS that were literally CHEERING when:

Tay Roc intentionally said the wildest shyt about CAPS’ mother when she had just passed away.

Debo went in on CAPS’ arm, knowing he was disabled and still recovering from the car crash.

Arsonal put T Top’s babymomma sex tape up for the world to see.

Bill collector was goin in on Mike P’s wife outside of the Battle.

Were telling all of them to just “not be emotional” and “this is just Battlerap” are now talkin bout “cancel CAPS”

Battlerap is truly something else..
It’s def a clown show, but the way I and most people see it, it’s different when you sign on to battle. The disrespectful shyt is respected when you’re promoting and in the ring. Most of these people say the most disrespectful shyt then peace it up right after the battle. I had a hard time understanding it myself, but it’s a thing that culminates in a battle.

These vloggers moving with the same type of energy when they don’t come outside and/or don’t battle makes no sense at all. It’s really just their envy and secret wish to be included in the shyt they cover so they engage in atleast part of the “energy” aka the “face off” or shyt talking.

It speaks to a larger point I’ve belabored forever; STOP SAYING YOURE A JOURNALIST/MEDIA! You just a nigg w/ a mic and camera set up. You do no or very little research, you’re not impartial (even tho the mainstream media is moving farther and farther away from this also) and you say and do the most unprofessional shyt on a daily basis, rinse and repeat. You move like a clown, but when you’re backed into a corner “hey, I’m media, I’m just doing my job.

Nigg@ please

I’m def entertained at times by them but I never take them serious. Caps particularly, yeah he’s drunk and high most of the time, but I don’t care. What did make me forever look at him like a sideshow was his treatment of battle Factz when the human aluminum tent aka adept tried to push some pedo and stalker shyt on his name and caps who regularly did shows with that man, entertained all the allegations and when Factz confronted him, his response was “fuk all that, it’s content over everything.” How can you take someone like that serious? He got off light w/ Debo.

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I think like him, as a brother who's in a public figure :obama:
I figure in it, to restore ignorance :manny:
I HATE you LOST NIKKAS, y'all OFF-switches :scusthov:
They don’t put us on to the system, I assist 'em :myman:
I tell ‘em what it IS and what this GETS ‘em
full

How the game RIGGED :francis:
your name may make you look BIG:ehh:
But you a VICTIM, that’s why they PIMP him
full

I just see what you DON’T see, Hollow
full

I’m stating the facts
full

I made YOU, the MOST money you’ve EVER been gave for a match
full

But don’t even thank me for that :youngsabo:
I just wanna know WHY.. :patrice:
“When every leader RISE :blessed:
they use his OWN KIND to put the stake in his back” :mjcry:
What they paid you at SMACK, nikka? :mjgrin:
They prolly paid you in smack.. :troll:
‘cause you can’t even see passed ya LAST drank of that batch :childplease:
But you paint ME as wack?! :dahell:
You make the fans see me as greedy, as if I broke some treaty:gucci:
because I don’t let 'em treat me, like a “Don” :jbhmm:
Who's in the position to influence, for the student,
but educating him wrong :patrice:
Baby, you a star, they LOVE you the way you are :ehh:
But I love you ENOUGH,
to not LEAVE you the way you are :ufdup:
You make it hard, for people that say what they mean :martin:
And mean what they say, 'cause THAT’S what they mean :demonic:
How they gon' follow a JUNKIE? :what:
Be a FAN, not a FIEND! :rudy:
And YOU.. :ufdup:
be a nikka from Queens, :sas1:
not a QUEEN! :sas2:
MAN UP, 'cause stand-up nikkas don’t LEAN!! :ufdup:

- Loaded Lux (vs Hollow)

Lux sent Hollow’s SOUL in the 3rd and birthed his whole “enlightenment era” right after, it was THAT powerful & impactful.

Lux’s bars aged like fine wine:ohlawd::wow:

#BelovedHood

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think like him, as a brother who's in a public figure :obama:
I figure in it, to restore ignorance :manny:
I HATE you LOST NIKKAS, y'all OFF-switches :scusthov:
They don’t put us on to the system, I assist 'em :myman:
I tell ‘em what it IS and what this GETS ‘em
full

How the game RIGGED :francis:
your name may make you look BIG:ehh:
But you a VICTIM, that’s why they PIMP him
full

I just see what you DON’T see, Hollow
full

I’m stating the facts
full

I made YOU, the MOST money you’ve EVER been gave for a match
full

But don’t even thank me for that :youngsabo:
I just wanna know WHY.. :patrice:
“When every leader RISE :blessed:
they use his OWN KIND to put the stake in his back” :mjcry:
What they paid you at SMACK, nikka? :mjgrin:
They prolly paid you in smack.. :troll:
‘cause you can’t even see passed ya LAST drank of that batch :childplease:
But you paint ME as wack?! :dahell:
You make the fans see me as greedy, as if I broke some treaty:gucci:
because I don’t let 'em treat me, like a “Don” :jbhmm:
Who's in the position to influence, for the student,
but educating him wrong :patrice:
Baby, you a star, they LOVE you the way you are :ehh:
But I love you ENOUGH,
to not LEAVE you the way you are :ufdup:
You make it hard, for people that say what they mean :martin:
And mean what they say, 'cause THAT’S what they mean :demonic:
How they gon' follow a JUNKIE? :what:
Be a FAN, not a FIEND! :rudy:
And YOU.. :ufdup:
be a nikka from Queens, :sas1:
not a QUEEN! :sas2:
MAN UP, 'cause stand-up nikkas don’t LEAN!! :ufdup:

- Loaded Lux (vs Hollow)

Lux sent Hollow’s SOUL in the 3rd and birthed his whole “enlightenment era” right after, it was THAT powerful & impactful.

Lux’s bars aged like fine wine:ohlawd::wow:

#BelovedHood
I've watched this battle so many times that I was literally just reading this while physically acting out all of Lux's movements and facial expressions, lol. He was TALKING to that man, Hollow had to feel that shh!t in his inner being, pause.

Lux 2-1, one of, if not the greatest, battles ever, Hollow was Super Hollow too tho...I remember a lot of people had Hollow.

Off topic but anybody peep how much Arsonal hates Hollow all thru that battle? LOL, that shh!t was annoying, like you can see he don't fukk with him and by default just overly-loved Lux, lol.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I've watched this battle so many times that I was literally just reading this while physically acting out all of Lux's movements and facial expressions, lol. He was TALKING to that man, Hollow had to feel that shh!t in his inner being, pause.

Lux 2-1, one of, if not the greatest, battles ever, Hollow was Super Hollow too tho...I remember a lot of people had Hollow.

Off topic but anybody peep how much Arsonal hates Hollow all thru that battle? LOL, that shh!t was annoying, like you can see he don't fukk with him and by default just overly-loved Lux, lol.
At the time Hollow and Arsonal weren't cool and Lux was his mentor.

Remember Lux discovered Ars, Tay Roc, Surf, Verb, etc...so they hold him in a different regard