Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They never had the ppv formula though. All their events were free until the URL relationship soured and they tried to charge for the last couple events. Im not even sure how they generated money with URL. Because they footed the bill on everything from battlers to venues, etc. They didnt play ads for URL events either. No one questioned the business of the app for URL. The problem was their star making power, which is still questioned.

We can't expect new stars to be made at this point. The current stars were created by a unique set of circumstances. They're avenues to be heard were way more limited. All of these guys we consider as stars have been rapping 15-20 years. Maybe Twork is the exception?

These were dudes who would hop on a Greyhound bus for a chance to impress the someone who had an in with the industry. Dudes who could picture themselves being on Smack DVD.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has JC ever addressed the Chris Stokes thing?
My memory could be bad but I feel like he never really addressed it.:flabbynsick:

Did he swear off dancing because of the experience?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
qGpF_D.gif
My memory could be bad but I feel like he never really addressed it.:flabbynsick:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If I remember correctly, he did acknowledge that there was a relationship, which is where @Reptile interest originated from.

If you remember, @Reptile favorite battle rapper was Daylyt. However, once he uncovered that information, JC became his favorite.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I remember correctly, he did acknowledge that there was a relationship, which is where @Reptile interest originated from.

If you remember, @Reptile favorite battle rapper was Daylyt. However, once he uncovered that information, JC became his favorite.

For a min I thought @Reptile was the young king standing behind JC in the Ninja Turtles shirt in this battle

But you're right he was a Daylyt stan at first