Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
I was just thinking @FreshAIG @ReasonableMatic, outside of battle rap platforms, where is the marketing/advertising at for battle rap today?

URL can't get battlers on Sway? Flex? Wallo and Gillie? Get Rum, Geechi and Danny on a freestyle in the West? Etc

Lux still in Harlem? He can't even go sit down with Math in the shop?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just thinking @FreshAIG @ReasonableMatic, outside of battle rap platforms, where is the marketing/advertising at for battle rap today?

URL can't get battlers on Sway? Flex? Wallo and Gillie? Get Rum, Geechi and Danny on a freestyle in the West? Etc

Lux still in Harlem? He can't even go sit down with Math in the shop?

URL doesn't have an interest in building brands outside of their own. Building an rappers brand outside of battling only makes them more expensive. For example URL's edits helped Lux become a household name but that doesn't help them in negotiations.

Consider the fact that Beasley was a music industry guy BEFORE battle rap. He doesn't seem to have interest in getting back in the music business.

URL dropped a promo with Lux on their own Youtube. They are dropping battles to bring people back to their channel, and dropping promos for NOME. That's the best way to handle it because battlers aren't interested in promoting independently.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb finally on a podcast.... with Mccants :dahell: @theflyest

Vegan Verb looks painfully sickly

nikka got his toes out with the bros :scusthov: he definitely not thinking about battling anytime soon

Shorts above the knees... are those purls on his neck?

I don't know why Verb always has to cross that line

ReasonableMatic

Daps

SMACK/URL and Avocado back together :jbhmm:

It was dope to hear Nitty pay homage to Lux.

I’ve seen Lux give his respect to Nitty in recent interviews too.

Good interview centering the artform, dishonest belittling is bullshyt and counterproductive to the artform.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb finally on a podcast.... with Mccants :dahell: @theflyest

Vegan Verb looks painfully sickly

nikka got his toes out with the bros :scusthov: he definitely not thinking about battling anytime soon

I'm not surprised at all. These nyggas both did a podcast with Anton Daniels. They were on separate shows, but they were present while each recorded their epsiode. These nyggas act alike, so it makes sense they got along.

Verb don't even look right, because he's naturally not a skinny nygga.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm not surprised at all. These nyggas both did a podcast with Anton Daniels. They were on separate shows, but they were present while each recorded their epsiode. These nyggas act alike, so it makes sense to me they got along.

Verb don't even look right, because he's naturally not a skinny nygga.

Yea

Ironically, Verb looks more natural as a dyke that goes to the gym than he does tryna be a lean/skinny nikka. Looks like he'd get broken in half if something popped off

Skin looks like it's painted on, looks off like how people look when they in the casket

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yea

Ironically, Verb looks more natural as a dyke that goes to the gym than he does tryna be a lean/skinny nikka. Looks like he'd get broken in half if something popped off

Skin looks like it's painted on, looks off like how people look when they in the casket
All that demon talk may be getting to him and they coming to collect :francis:
g25.gif