Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL doesn't have an interest in building brands outside of their own. Building an rappers brand outside of battling only makes them more expensive. For example URL's edits helped Lux become a household name but that doesn't help them in negotiations.

Consider the fact that Beasley was a music industry guy BEFORE battle rap. He doesn't seem to have interest in getting back in the music business.

URL dropped a promo with Lux on their own Youtube. They are dropping battles to bring people back to their channel, and dropping promos for NOME. That's the best way to handle it because battlers aren't interested in promoting independently.

LOL the URL won't help these guys build their brands on their own platform, that has over a million subscribers. Why would they help these guys get on other platforms?

The URL could create content interviewing these guys and having them freestyle, but that would be promoting them. As you stated, their only hope is for URL to promote their battle, white indirectly promotes their brand.

At some point, URL said fukk these nyggas.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea

Ironically, Verb looks more natural as a dyke that goes to the gym than he does tryna be a lean/skinny nikka. Looks like he'd get broken in half if something popped off

Skin looks like it's painted on, looks off like how people look when they in the casket

Math & Goodz did it the right way. These guys got in shape, got leaner, but they don't look crazy like Verb.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Math & Goodz did it the right way. These guys got in shape, got leaner, but they don't look crazy like Verb.
Yea he lost fat in his face like he took drugs/starved himself instead of just working out

All the other artist who lost mad weight still have it in their face, his shyt look different

Daps
I was just thinking @FreshAIG @ReasonableMatic, outside of battle rap platforms, where is the marketing/advertising at for battle rap today?

URL can't get battlers on Sway? Flex? Wallo and Gillie? Get Rum, Geechi and Danny on a freestyle in the West? Etc

Lux still in Harlem? He can't even go sit down with Math in the shop?
I think Lux could go on those shows without even trying. Battle Rap is just lol now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t get excited. When it’s all said and done, everyone will say that it was another wack URL event.
Oh for sure. But that’s just the natural thing, particularly on here. Battle rap fans tend to be haters by nature, they’re gonna announce it’s wack regardless of what happens.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

:wow: The greatest

These set ups, transitions and rhyme patterns are so fukking generic. The bar is set so low for Nitty its crazy. Granted BR is an Any Given Sunday but damn this nikkas material is so rudimentary and banal IDK what got nikkas thinking he does anything better than an even senile Lux.

Daps
These set ups, transitions and rhyme patterns are so fukking generic. The bar is set so low for Nitty its crazy. Granted BR is an Any Given Sunday but damn this nikkas material is so rudimentary and banal IDK what got nikkas thinking he does anything better than an even senile Lux.

Death in vision
Tech position

:dead:

The nepotism bar doesn't land because Nitty isn't referring to his relative.

If Lux loses to this type of material...

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I was just thinking @FreshAIG @ReasonableMatic, outside of battle rap platforms, where is the marketing/advertising at for battle rap today?

URL can't get battlers on Sway? Flex? Wallo and Gillie? Get Rum, Geechi and Danny on a freestyle in the West? Etc

Lux still in Harlem? He can't even go sit down with Math in the shop?
Wallo & Gillie, Math Hoffa, those are options for a couple top tiers that are not stuck on The Plantation.

DNA, Ars, them type top tiers should do freestyles if they intend to battle.

I don’t think Lux should just go anywhere and freestyle after the Hot97 one, it is damn near impossible to beat or match all the factors aligning.

Besides, Flex is type corny and interrupts battlers a lot.
The beats be ehhhhh nowadays too over there.

Lux should just do interviews.
He’s very presentable and intriguing to listen to.
He’s a great spokesman for the artform of Battlerap.
Like Jay-Z is for Hiphop.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Death in vision
Tech position

This is a prime example of "lyrical miracle" RIGHT fukkING HERE. This shyt means NOTHING

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Death in vision
Tech position

Lux is the better writer,
but I’m not gonna pretend like Beloved can’t lose to Nitty.

Nitty is more generic, but he has a style where the crowd likes the “rhythm” of his punches.

So even if his writing wouldn’t be at Lux’s level,
it could still give him an edge with the crowd right there.

On camera is a whole nother thing ofcourse.

If Lux doesn’t perform well this time around,
I wouldn’t even blame him because of the circumstances.

Losing a sibling abruptly specifically ain’t a small thing.
Having to grieve, write and memorize throughout it all..

And it happened recently, so I’ll give him grace if he loses.

That being said, he took the battle - so, it will count.

Regardless who wins, it’s gonna be good for the culture.

If Lux wins, it’s gonna be good for the old guard.
We’ll prolly see Lux vs Hitman right after and we don’t see them that often

If Nitty wins, it’s gonna a personal W for him since Lux was his Endgame battle.

Nitty got to where he at RAPPIN.

No corny ass antics.
Consistent professionalism.
Quality material.
Didn’t duck battles.

So I’d be proud of him.

Both battlers will benefit greatly from a good performance,
so that’s all I ask.

I just want a great battle
(with no technical difficulties and a good crowd that doesn’t interrupt their momentum to force reactions)

Last edited: