Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
You are a punchline counter. I can't be mad at you, just a different era of fan.

Overall that shyt is trash though, that's part of why battle rap is where it's at.

Verb does end his rounds awkwardly though, there's no defense for that.
i dont really count the punchlines, i just hate when the rapping goes on forever with seemingly no rhyme (no pun intended) or reason. with verb its just so noticeable.

one of my faves is Calicoe and while i feel like he punches well at times, his rapping alone is good enough/unique enough at times to give him W's for me.

i will say i really liked verb's older cadence and i feel like he's completely lost that in how he raps now tho

i'd say more than anything, the reason why battle rap is where it's at is because there's a bunch of people that can rap that fukk up when they have decent chances. there's a whole class of habitual ball droppers (pause) that could've been atop the shyt at a point but we get relegated to the same few dependable people and chess/twork/clips

Something happened to Clips that killed his confidence. It's not my business to know but his career arc is so nasty for someone who was so dominant.

I didn't like his material for Verb but look at the way he commanded the stage. His projection has always been crazy, but his presence was crazy back then too. It's deeper than battle rap, he just doesn't seem like the same man.

veganism :ohhh:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
i dont really count the punchlines, i just hate when the rapping goes on forever with seemingly no rhyme (no pun intended) or reason. with verb its just so noticeable.

one of my faves is Calicoe and while i feel like he punches well at times, his rapping alone is good enough/unique enough at times to give him W's for me.

i will say i really liked verb's older cadence and i feel like he's completely lost that in how he raps now tho

i'd say more than anything, the reason why battle rap is where it's at is because there's a bunch of people that can rap that fukk up when they have decent chances. there's a whole class of habitual ball droppers (pause) that could've been atop the shyt at a point but we get relegated to the same few dependable people and chess/twork/clips

veganism :ohhh:

I can easily name 20 people that "dropped the ball" i guess but are still better then anyone P brought in. (Other then Fonz/JTN/Eazy)

I understand the need for new "Classes" but it's like they just forget about 20 mid tiers that can put on a top tier performance.

Part of me think this could be people just not wanting to sign the URL contract though.

Glad people like J Moor is shining right now on the trenches.

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Queenz
Something happened to Clips that killed his confidence. It's not my business to know but his career arc is so nasty for someone who was so dominant.

I didn't like his material for Verb but look at the way he commanded the stage. His projection has always been crazy, but his presence was crazy back then too. It's deeper than battle rap, he just doesn't seem like the same man.

Clips need to retire unfortunately.. Wildin out changed him.. he also has a son now so that changed alot for him..

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don’t like this example. Old examples are a pet peeve of mine. Nyggas use to have a real problem on here saying imagine if the version of battler A shows up that battled battler B…and that battle took place 10 years ago. That’s just not going to happen.

This was also a different time where the preparation was completely different. A loss felt like the end of the world to these guys. I remember Verb said when he took a loss back then, he couldn’t sleep for days.

Clips is just way too fat and easy to book. It’s an indication that he’s fat and cheap. He needs to fix both of those problems.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I can easily name 20 people that "dropped the ball" i guess but are still better then anyone P brought in. (Other then Fonz/JTN/Eazy)

I understand the need for new "Classes" but it's like they just forget about 20 mid tiers that can put on a top tier performance.

Part of me think this could be people just not wanting to sign the URL contract though.

Glad people like J Moor is shining right now on the trenches.
i almost put a norbes sidenote in there but i left it alone.

i rewatched stumbles/kyd slade yesterday and stumbles had a NY crowd eating out of his hand until he....yeah

when slade was bringing home a lackluster battle (not any fault of his) and he said "what the fukk you gon do when you call ya moms and we pick up??" :wow:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
i almost put a norbes sidenote in there but i left it alone.

i rewatched stumbles/kyd slade yesterday and stumbles had a NY crowd eating out of his hand until he....yeah

when slade was bringing home a lackluster battle (not any fault of his) and he said "what the fukk you gon do when you call ya moms and we pick up??" :wow:

Yea Kyd Slade was def on his way.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hollow the Don happened.

#queens

Made bro whole entire repertoire look funny in the light.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Hollow the Don happened.

#queens

Made bro whole entire repertoire look funny in the light.

Clips was always whack for real. Hollow just angled the shyt right. Like an iridescent snake. If you hold it at a certain angle, you can see it in a color you wouldn't have if you held it at a normal angle; hence "angling". This why I say Holmzie isnt an angler, he just states the obvious.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
@wizworld

ms7GEG6.jpeg

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clips got lazy...that era when there was SO MANY prominent battle leagues when you could just take battle week after week after week chasing bags thus not being able to properly prep for a battle. Clips is likable, he never really no shows, he'll freestyle his way through a battle instead of just killing the round and A LOT of leagues accepted that. His gambling problems doesn't help so now he has to keep chasing bags....and they can book him for cheap he has no incentive to want to actually try