Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol Of course there isn’t. His business model was poor. I kind of feel bad for homie. He seemed convinced that this was going to be some type of revolutionary event that would change battle rap. His disappointment must be immense.

In addition, battle rap fans have been through too many ups and downs to support an unproven product.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Reflective of Day's lack of star power?

That nygga Hitman had a packed crowd against Byron Blake with very little promotion, and the undercard had nowhere near the star power of this event.

Daylyt promoted the hell out of this battle on all major platforms :russ:

I'm sure there's a lot of factors why this event turned out like this but still
Kind of reflective of L.A.'s lack of overall interest in battle rap. With all the marketing and promotion URL has, they select relatively small venues when they come to L.A.

Also, having Geechi on the card prolly would've helped

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Kind of reflective of L.A.'s lack of overall interest in battle rap. With all the marketing and promotion URL has, they select relatively small venues when they come to L.A.
Yep. LA is not a battle rap hotbed. They have pockets that fukk with it, but overall, it's low on the interest scale.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. LA is not a battle rap hotbed. They have pockets that fukk with it, but overall, it's low on the interest scale.

I still believe the hometown guy should have brought out more than 5 people. I truly believe if it were Geechi vs King Bau there would be some additional people in there.

Daylyt just ain't a draw like that