Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
No it's not lol. You don't see the big guys in for eg. boxing, ufc or even tennis go around and compete against random no names in random leagues
two things:
1. ufc is a league that has exclusivity. to my knowledge, boxing and tennis just don't have professional leagues like that. (i know boxing has shyt like WBA and WBO but i dont view those as just exclusive leagues)
2. boxing, ufc, tennis all got an exorbitant amount of money around (sponsors, tv deals, etc etc) and outside of boxing with the influx of streamers/celebs doin it, don't really have a threat of stagnation to its operation/"culture"to my knowledge. there's no real reason to do it for those anyways. Australian Open had a prize pool of ~53m USD.
Battle Rap aint scratchin that shyt, so i dont think the incentive to NOT battle for money against smaller names is really there outside of some top tiers/people that call themselves top tier thinking their brand gets diluted if they interacted with those who battled often.

I don’t think his peers look down on him. Danny is just not a big battle. How you market yourself is important. If Lux battled every week on every league, there would be no anticipation to see him.

You also mentioned two guys that have multiple kids. They got no choice but to battle.

Danny becomes a big battle every time he hits a super high level in my opinion. it aint like when Danny vs Roc got announced, nikkas just glossed over it
With the exposure comes risk, sure, but all it takes is one bad battle/mid performance for these mfs to act like they too good to battle

also, Lux set a pinnacle that I dont think he can hit anymore. He could battle once or 4 times a year, he's still up against himself in an uphill battle.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
FplOrgqXgAER9_5

Brehs. Look at the replies. nikkas is delusional lol.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That's just popularity, some of which is Danny's fault. At this point, he should be mentioned in the same way as Dizaster at least, he is directly responsible for a lot of where the West is now, at his own sacrifice. Sheep ass BR fans are going to say what they're told to think.
The issue with ranking workhorses like Danny is, they have such a lack of impact. If you're judging off body of work and amount of blood and sweat he put into the culture, sure. But if Danny never exists, nothing really changes in battle rap. We'd be short a few dope battles/performances, but that's really it. He never shifted the culture or has any monumental moments that transcend battle rap. Same can't be said for Diz or the other legacy acts.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The issue with ranking workhorses like Danny is, they have such a lack of impact. If you're judging off body of work and amount of blood and sweat he put into the culture, sure. But if Danny never exists, nothing really changes in battle rap. We'd be short a few dope battles/performances, but that's really it. He never shifted the culture or has any monumental moments that transcend battle rap. Same can't be said for Diz or the other legacy acts.
I mean he got all kinds of battle rappers using parallel universe bars

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I don’t think Mook is wrong here.

Hes not. As we've all said multiple times here (to an extent), Rum is too sporadic and surface level. His lines are great, but thats all he has; lines. His set ups are generic as shyt and he has absolutely no structure, you can take all the sequences in his rounds and scramble them shyts and they'd sound the same, hell you can do with rounds of his as a whole. Take 1st, make it 2nd, take his 2nd, make it 3rd, etc. Dude doesnt know to how to write at all. He just comes up with bars. On top of that Rum doesnt say anything. No underlying context, just some clever shyt. Mook will incinerate that nikka.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He is directly involved in the West's rise in BR. They ALL salute Danny for giving them shots and helping them put on.