Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I come at Chess as a battler but I don't understand why he hasn't been on Flex yet. Flex has to know who he is, maybe they had some sort of bad communication.

If I ever happen to meet Flex I will ask him. Chess has been on I-95 3 times now. He's one of the best lyricists in NYC under 30. If Flex wants to support NYC hip-hop, why wouldn't he get thrown a bone? We can't leave it in the hands of 40 year olds, NYC needs guys like Chess & Bizzy Banks to be at the forefront if we want younger artists to take lyricism more seriously.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I come at Chess as a battler but I don't understand why he hasn't been on Flex yet. Flex has to know who he is, maybe they had some sort of bad communication.

If I ever happen to meet Flex I will ask him. Chess has been on I-95 3 times now. He's one of the best lyricists in NYC under 30. If Flex wants to support NYC hip-hop, why wouldn't he get thrown a bone? We can't leave it in the hands of 40 year olds, NYC needs guys like Chess
Not to mention he’s from the Bronx too

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention he’s from the Bronx too
That's why I'm thinking there is a specific reason. Flex has Oun P up there every year, he knows who Chess is. Something may have happened that soured him on Chess. I know Jungle (Nas brother) came to a URL event just to see Chess, only for Chess to choke up vs JC.

Smh Chess whole life might be different if beat JC
:ahh:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
After we all calm down can we admit that Suge bodying Chess felt like a much bigger deal than it is? That battle would have carried a lot more weight if we hadn't seen Chess go out sad multiple times before. Bodying Chess is like Doritos going on sale. In the moment it's pretty exciting. But it will happen again eventually.

Rum Nitty beat A Ward clear in a COMPETITIVE battle. Overall Chess has been bodied more times than A Ward has lost.

If you forgot Suge ALSO lost for 100k then maybe Suge winning was just a nice feel good story. I wanted Suge to win too.
if you wanna REALLY talk about it...Chess should lead every stock drop list. Not lu castro. not surf...hell i dont think anybody on URL had a worse year than Chess.

30'd by Calicoe. 30'd by Suge. lost clearly to a nikka name saflare sole. prolly had a debatable with Saynt idk i aint watch that.

The biggest thing against Suge was that he made a come up on nikkas who aint even sniff that list. Drugz, Stumbles, CHESS, Verb. shyt was quiet when he was choking in the beginning of the year at Banned vs Ryda

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I say this every year. How can you determine strength of schedule if the battlers aren’t even ranked?

Admittedly I don’t watch these champion panels. I haven’t watch since O-Red and Geechi’s first win. It’s a very flawed process.

If I beat Mook, Hollow, Lux, and Goodz, I’m automatically the Champion of the Year despite the fact that they aren’t ranked on their EOY rankings.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nikka saying Suge got robbed lol nikka its Champion of the YEAR not Champion of The Last 2 Months, who the hell in the top 5 did he have a better YEAR than? He didnt even have a better year than Swamp or JC (who should've been Top 5 at least, he was the #1 battler for 75% of the year.)

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
nitty won by panel and fans and people still got a problem with it. :russ:

swamp crying in spaces when he cant get thru a set of battles w/o choking, talkem bout "who was that dude on the left, i dont know who da fuk that is"

he somebody that saw you choke and saved by a home crowd. roc's first round prolly had enough to beat his combined battle.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol i think its pretty clear if you battle exclusively on RBE, you aren’t making this list.

Award is an exception because they have to throw in a token white rapper. Nyggas don’t care for Award though.

If the URL truly wanted Award, he would be on their platform. I just think the URL believes he’s too corny for them to compromise.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nitty won by panel and fans and people still got a problem with it. :russ:

swamp crying in spaces when he cant get thru a set of battles w/o choking, talkem bout "who was that dude on the left, i dont know who da fuk that is"

he somebody that saw you choke and saved by a home crowd. roc's first round prolly had enough to beat his combined battle.

nikka this is Rum Nitty we're talking about. The "Rum Stains" are tenacious.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol i think its pretty clear if you battle exclusively on RBE, you aren’t making this list.

Award is an exception because they have to throw in a token white rapper. Nyggas don’t care for Award though.

If the URL truly wanted Award, he would be on their platform. I just think the URL believes he’s too corny for them to compromise.

Interesting I feel as it URL's prestige is close to an all time low. I think they'd trade Mike P, Anderson Burpess and the fake Jesus guy for A Ward in a heartbeat. People want to battle him, fans want to see him battle, it's not complicated imo.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting I feel as it URL's prestige is close to an all time low. I think they'd trade Mike P, Anderson Burpess and the fake Jesus guy for A Ward in a heartbeat. People want to battle him, fans want to see him battle, it's not complicated imo.

I don’t really agree with this at all.

Does A ward have value? Sure I believe his value is that he has a decent name, he’s able to battle frequently if needed, and he would provide fresh match ups.

However, does he have a downside ? Absolutely. The casual url fan has no interest in seeing him battle. I’m taking about the everyday casual fan that catches battles, but isn’t on message boards, spaces, etc. I believe the url is aware of this, which is why they aren’t pressed about making it happen. If Award was a street nygga talking that shyt, he would absolutely be on the URL. When bdot was on fire, they made that compromise to get him. Someone like Award? Absolutely not.

People don’t tune into the url to watch Kotd battlers.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That COTY list is absurd. Salute to Rum, I'm a fan, but fukk COTY. BR is run on too much politics and dikkriding. Just bullshyt.

Kid fukking Chaos :beli:
Sheed Happens :beli:

shyt really just might be rigged or compromised. Nobody outside of URL exists besides A Ward :beli: