Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Swamp bodied Rum Nitty in a tournament with 100k on the line when Swamp was the clear underdog.

Rum Nitty was having debatables with Nunn Nunn they robbed Suge he was killing shyt all year damn near.

Eazy only had like 3 battles this year and his one with Cal was debatable should not be top 3 at all.

Also Calicoe should definitely be higher than Geechi, Frozenberg didn’t even make the list. This shyt is all terrible

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Swamp bodied Rum Nitty in a tournament with 100k on the line when Swamp was the clear underdog.

Rum Nitty was having debatables with Nunn Nunn they robbed Suge he was killing shyt all year damn near.

Eazy only had like 3 battles this year and his one with Cal was debatable should not be top 3 at all.

Also Calicoe should definitely be higher than Geechi, Frozenberg didn’t even make the list. This shyt is all terrible
Swamp bodied Rum now :mjlol::gucci:
Suge aint win cuz of quality of battles
What battle against big opponents did Suge have he bodied some mid teirs that will always be mid tiers

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Swamp bodied Rum now :mjlol::gucci:
Suge aint win cuz of quality of battles
What battle against big opponents did Suge have he bodied some mid teirs that will always be mid tiers

Why do people put so much into "mid tiers"? Everyone on URL can rap. Suge didn't beat nobodies.
Geechi got round of the year against Mike P of all people. It's the fashion that Suge won in while also doing it back to back. Not the people he beat. And even then Chess is a big name win.
But this whole list is laughable. Calicoe is 16? Cal had a top 10 year easily.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why do people put so much into "mid tiers"? Everyone on URL can rap. Suge didn't beat nobodies.
Geechi got round of the year against Mike P of all people. It's the fashion that Suge won in while also doing it back to back. Not the people he beat. And even then Chess is a big name win.
But this whole list is laughable. Calicoe is 16? Cal had a top 10 year easily.
level of competition is a big factor
its like when people cook battlers in small leagues
Suge had one of his best years but that doesnt translate to being the best
Chess choked the whole year and got bodied multiple times

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
level of competition is a big factor
its like when people cook battlers in small leagues
Suge had one of his best years but that doesnt translate to being the best
Chess choked the whole year and got bodied multiple times

Level of comp is a big factor im not saying its not. Strength of schedule should absolutely be a factor for COTY. But were not talking about debatables here. These are clear back to back wins. Idc who you beat. 3 clear back to back 3 round URL wins in the span of 45 days is huge on top of his Verb and Danja Zone battles.

AND NITTY LOST FOR 100K lol.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
i knew Nitty was a dark horse but damn. Not too mad at it though i thought honestly Danny/JC/Swamp/Bill were gonna be more contested.

Roc and Eazy in the top 3 is nasty work fr fr. Calicoe way too low for reasons i can't fathom

Kinda surprised to see DNA up there and also kinda surprised to not see Kyd Slade up there. I'd argue he had a better year than Chaos/Clips/Snake easily.

Swamp having two judged wins over both the COTY and the 4th place person while also having a win on summer madness over the 2nd place person, but placing 6th, might be the craziest thing i've ever seen with these things. The person who beat him in a judged setting coming in 7th is nuts too

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
i knew Nitty was a dark horse but damn. Not too mad at it though i thought honestly Danny/JC/Swamp/Bill were gonna be more contested.

Roc and Eazy in the top 3 is nasty work fr fr. Calicoe way too low for reasons i can't fathom

Kinda surprised to see DNA up there and also kinda surprised to not see Kyd Slade up there. I'd argue he had a better year than Chaos/Clips/Snake easily.

Swamp having two judged wins over both the COTY and the 4th place person while also having a win on summer madness over the 2nd place person, but placing 6th, might be the craziest thing i've ever seen with these things. The person who beat him in a judged setting coming in 7th is nuts too

shyts just all over the place really

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After we all calm down can we admit that Suge bodying Chess felt like a much bigger deal than it is? That battle would have carried a lot more weight if we hadn't seen Chess go out sad multiple times before. Bodying Chess is like Doritos going on sale. In the moment it's pretty exciting. But it will happen again eventually.

Rum Nitty beat A Ward clear in a COMPETITIVE battle. Overall Chess has been bodied more times than A Ward has lost.
Level of comp is a big factor im not saying its not. Strength of schedule should absolutely be a factor for COTY. But were not talking about debatables here. These are clear back to back wins. Idc who you beat. 3 clear back to back 3 round URL wins in the span of 45 days is huge on top of his Verb and Danja Zone battles.

AND NITTY LOST FOR 100K lol.

If you forgot Suge ALSO lost for 100k then maybe Suge winning was just a nice feel good story. I wanted Suge to win too.

Last edited: