Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Why even battle when you KNOW you got certain kinds of dirt on yourself.

That shyts gonna live online forever now, once you take the stand you gotta separate yaself from the street element entirely cuz it's gonna flip on you eventually :snoop:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone ever won a battle with a bad mic?

I'm curious because getting the bad mic is always an auto loss.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
twork will have one good performance and then all of a sudden get a gfx artist to come up with some shyt like this

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Roc gonna fukk around and get touched thinking he's the person he pretends to be on stage. Even if dude is a rat, you try to ruin a person's reputation and start taking food outta they kids' mouths over a battle, shyt can go left. This feels different than the Ahdi Boom situation. Boom didn't seem too retaliatory in nature, whereas Slade seems to really want his lick back.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

Verb attaching himself to some shyt is everyday news but Roc going so hard on this knowing everything that happened to him.... :patrice:

i can't be the only one that thinks this could end another way right?

that being said if it's as bad as he saying and it's for sure Slade and not his brother who got nikkas locked up, then go for it. But everything that's readily available points to his brother being a witness/snitch on some other shyt.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Verb attaching himself to some shyt is everyday news but Roc going so hard on this knowing everything that happened to him.... :patrice:

i can't be the only one that thinks this could end another way right?

that being said if it's as bad as he saying and it's for sure Slade and not his brother who got nikkas locked up, then go for it. But everything that's readily available points to his brother being a witness/snitch on some other shyt.

He still ratted, his brother ratted more extra lol

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
He still ratted, his brother ratted more extra lol
you read the paperwork? they asked about a gun and he said no. everything else seems like old news to the courthouse:yeshrug:seemed pretty light (no pun intended) to me. If there's worse shyt that involves him (there's def a shooting that would make sense that would give numbers that Roc was talking about that his brother def spoke on, but a bottle assault got three people 60 yrs/1m bail or /30 yrs/10 yrs? :patrice:) then bring it out. This ain't nearly as damning as the Ahdi Boom situation just yet tho.

not gonna say his brother ratted more extra because i don't know if he a hood/"real" nikka or just a nikka that lives there. Slade at the minimum got rounded up for at least dealing drugs (sidenote: the mugshot from that looks like he was finna cry)

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading that twitter thread and if it's factual, I'm on the fence if Slade snitched or not. His brother did which put him in a awkward position.

Either way he need to fall back. If he snitched or not is irrelevant at this point, the stigma will be there for the rest of his battle rap career.