Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JC that who. Stupid bytches. Man is 8-0 this year.

gordon-ramsey-therapy.gif

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Who IS frontrunner COTY anyway?
Media goofies talking Swamp and Suge, but that has to be recency bias. I still have Danny in the lead. If he victimized Roc last month instead of the beginning of the year, they might say him too. The rest of the top 5 IMO is JC, Swamp, uhh, A Ward and Bill or Rum I guess?

BaKardi Slang

Caribbean-Canadian 🇦🇬
Daps
Reppin
Canada 🇨🇦
deadass said to myself "Don Marino" and never hit reply

nikka even got a Rum Nitty battle too.. actually he stood in front of Rum twice

how midtier/URL Purgatory members didn't see what DNA was doing for his pups and try to get on that is beyond me. Took Don Marino to heights he had no business being at and even got a crucible mf (who aint even finish in the top 6) to start off Summer Madness

Jerry Wess is another one. He got TODD, Danny Myers, Chilla, Rum and Arsonal all on URL and is still low/mid tier.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Look no further thaaaaaannnn Dan Marino! battled Geechi, Danny, Jey the Nitewing, he was even in NWX...and he still aint shyt

deadass said to myself "Don Marino" and never hit reply

nikka even got a Rum Nitty battle too.. actually he stood in front of Rum twice

how midtier/URL Purgatory members didn't see what DNA was doing for his pups and try to get on that is beyond me. Took Don Marino to heights he had no business being at and even got a crucible mf (who aint even finish in the top 6) to start off Summer Madness
Don Marino always reminded me of a way more less skilled version of a rapper from the west coast I fukk with called 2Mex (Project Blowed/Shapeshifters/Visionaries/Of Mexican Descent/Look Daggers) who’s done a few joints with folks like Jean Grae and even appeared on Guru’s Baldhead Slick album. But 2Mex is really an indie artist who has his own fanbase because he constantly elevates in what he does. As for Don got done some cool fundamentals in battle rap but doesn’t elevate like you think he would. Don had a cool approach at first but it ran its course and he got lost in mid to low tier land.

Jerry Wess is another one. He got TODD, Danny Myers, Chilla, Rum and Arsonal all on URL and is still low/mid tier.

Chris Unbias gave him props at first in a blog and I didn’t really see it right away; I needed to see more of what he saw. And I can say his style grew on me and seemed consistent for a sec. But lately, he has been very hit or miss these past few years.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Don Marino always reminded me of a way more less skilled version of a rapper from the west coast I fukk with called 2Mex (Project Blowed/Shapeshifters/Visionaries/Of Mexican Descent/Look Daggers) who’s done a few joints with folks like Jean Grae and even appeared on Guru’s Baldhead Slick album. But 2Mex is really an indie artist who has his own fanbase because he constantly elevates in what he does. As for Don got done some cool fundamentals in battle rap but doesn’t elevate like you think he would. Don had a cool approach at first but it ran its course and he got lost in mid to low tier land.

Chris Unbias gave him props at first in a blog and I didn’t really see it right away; I needed to see more of what he saw. And I can say his style grew on me and seemed consistent for a sec. But lately, he has been very hit or miss these past few years.
Really, Don had his own style which we saw vs JTN (overacted his bars like a mf but hey...he sounded like his own battle rapper) but then he started taking other people's shyt and relying too much on mexican bars. became a mexican caricature, standin over the body with a sombrero on and shyt. call that man juan juan the don

Jerry Wess at the very least has had a few good room shakers/haymakers/unique moments. If you got a couple of those in the tuck, you'll get a lot more looks and chances overall

bullets spit out t, beddafi green ("KAddafi!") the bizarro version, the weird three person shyt he did, i can excuse him far more than i can excuse Don Marino. Even if his new gimmick was becoming a scammer, he was entertaining with it

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This actually brings up a really good topic. Showoutt is a guy that’s gotten several opportunities on RBE against the biggest names in battle rap and is still bottom tier. Who are some battlers that have great names on their resume and bottom tier?

Rad B from udubb is another good example. They gave him brizz, dna, t-rex, clips, and this nygga was still low tier and disappeared.

Does Syah Boy count? That nikka done teamed up with JJDD to battle NWX in their prime, battled DNA on Bullpen, Arsonal on Bullpen, JC on RBE, was on 106 for Freestyle Fridays, etc. Dude just ass. Always was.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Really, Don had his own style which we saw vs JTN (overacted his bars like a mf but hey...he sounded like his own battle rapper) but then he started taking other people's shyt and relying too much on mexican bars. became a mexican caricature, standin over the body with a sombrero on and shyt. call that man juan juan the don

Jerry Wess at the very least has had a few good room shakers/haymakers/unique moments. If you got a couple of those in the tuck, you'll get a lot more looks and chances overall

bullets spit out t, beddafi green ("KAddafi!") the bizarro version, the weird three person shyt he did, i can excuse him far more than i can excuse Don Marino. Even if his new gimmick was becoming a scammer, he was entertaining with it

Nah fck all that Jerry Wess was trash. Too busy chasing moments that nikka a Pop Tart battle rapper.