Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Rewatch? nikka we noticed that the day of. Not one good showing that night.

It was after midnight here when I watched it live so I wanted rewatch to make sure my tiredness wasn’t clouding my judgement…not one good battle :beli:

I know I’m in the minority but I much preferred the Caffeine small room battles with no crowd. The rappers actually had to rap and not write a lot of cheap bars that will get a crowd reaction.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It was after midnight here when I watched it live so I wanted rewatch to make sure my tiredness wasn’t clouding my judgement…not one good battle :beli:

I know I’m in the minority but I much preferred the Caffeine small room battles with no crowd. The rappers actually had to rap and not write a lot of cheap bars that will get a crowd reaction.
This. I love the crowd reactions and all, but there ain’t no way you can tell me Mook wasn’t better vs Roc

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
RBE just dropped showoff vs ish Mula And see zero comments about that battle here

But whenever someone says that Url is the only stage that matters nikkas get mad

shyt funny
talk about it

should we watch it? was it fire? was it a waste of time?
why should we care about.....showoff vs ish mula?

did showoff kill ish mula with the word pulverize?

a good battle is a good battle no matter where it is
that prep vs dre dennis battle a few months back was a fire one rounder

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
NjFhmL4.png

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
talk about it

should we watch it? was it fire? was it a waste of time?
why should we care about.....showoff vs ish mula?

a good battle is a good battle no matter where it is
that prep vs dre dennis battle a few months back was a fire one rounder
Exactly, lol. How you gonna shyt talk the battle and the league yet not even watch it or post about it? Yeah that was smart…

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This actually brings up a really good topic. Showoutt is a guy that’s gotten several opportunities on RBE against the biggest names in battle rap and is still bottom tier. Who are some battlers that have great names on their resume and bottom tier?

Rad B from udubb is another good example. They gave him brizz, dna, t-rex, clips, and this nygga was still low tier and disappeared.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
Rad B from udubb is another good example. They gave him brizz, dna, t-rex, clips, and this nygga was still low tier and disappe
The rad b thing gotta be put in context.he lost his twin brother so nikkas gave him those battles more or less to raise his spirits since him and his brother were into battle rap

But yeah he was very wack I hope hes doing ok in real life tho, losing ur twin bro gotta be painful

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This actually brings up a really good topic. Showoutt is a guy that’s gotten several opportunities on RBE against the biggest names in battle rap and is still bottom tier. Who are some battlers that have great names on their resume and bottom tier?

Rad B from udubb is another good example. They gave him brizz, dna, t-rex, clips, and this nygga was still low tier and disappeared.

Look no further thaaaaaannnn Dan Marino! battled Geechi, Danny, Jey the Nitewing, he was even in NWX...and he still aint shyt

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Look no further thaaaaaannnn Dan Marino! battled Geechi, Danny, Jey the Nitewing, he was even in NWX...and he still aint shyt
deadass said to myself "Don Marino" and never hit reply

nikka even got a Rum Nitty battle too.. actually he stood in front of Rum twice

how midtier/URL Purgatory members didn't see what DNA was doing for his pups and try to get on that is beyond me. Took Don Marino to heights he had no business being at and even got a crucible mf (who aint even finish in the top 6) to start off Summer Madness