Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's got guns on it tho:patrice:
So did the Burton Bat-Mobile.
So has pretty much every Bat-vehicle at one point in time too if you think about.
Bat-Boat...guns.
Bat-Plane...guns.
Bat-Copter...guns.
Bat-Cycle...guns.

Batman is only against guns if he has to hold one in his hands and pull the trigger with his own finger.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So did the Burton Bat-Mobile.
So has pretty much every Bat-vehicle at one point in time too if you think about.
Bat-Boat...guns.
Bat-Plane...guns.
Bat-Copter...guns.
Bat-Cycle...guns.

Batman is only against guns if he has to hold one in his hands and pull the trigger with his own finger.

Yeah I know they have and I always had an issue with it. None of those things should've had guns. Clearly Burton was going to do what he did and Nolan, while getting a lot right, completely skated over that issue. In every other medium, comics or animation, he's against them at all times. The batmobile in the animated series had no guns...the batwing had no guns. In fact he had to turn it into a missile once because had no guns on it. I'd just like to see that aspect of the character be consistent :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Unless Ben gonna be lookin like the terminator blastin nikkas twenty feet back the guns aren't a big deal. They might not even get used. We gotta stop holding the creators of these films into reproducing the exact character from the comics. This is their interpretation.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Unless Ben gonna be lookin like the terminator blastin nikkas twenty feet back the guns aren't a big deal. They might not even get used. We gotta stop holding the creators of these films into reproducing the exact character from the comics. This is their interpretation.

I feel that to a degree but then I don't for the most part. I'm all about doing whatever you want to do with the movie just get the character right. If you want to Put Batman against Superman or even have Superman in a situation he's never been in in the comics, cool I'm all for it because I don't want to see what I've already read; that's boring as fukk to me. But I do like the characters to be who the characters are and just remain true to it. Especially when it's an interesting facet of said character and batman not using guns and being so against them is interesting to me and informs a lot about who he is and how he goes about doing things. And it also gives something someone like Lex or Joker or Two Face could question: If you're so about law and order and making the world a better place, why aren't you willing to do what's necessary if that means pulling out a .45 and settling it? How devoted to justice are you really? You're just as sick and twisted as us criminals aren't you?

To me, it's something that's very dope about batman and points to a larger internal conflict yet commitment to his brand of justice and to honoring his parents memory

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I feel that to a degree but then I don't for the most part. I'm all about doing whatever you want to do with the movie just get the character right. If you want to Put Batman against Superman or even have Superman in a situation he's never been in in the comics, cool I'm all for it because I don't want to see what I've already read; that's boring as fukk to me. But I do like the characters to be who the characters are and just remain true to it. Especially when it's an interesting facet of said character and batman not using guns and being so against them is interesting to me and informs a lot about who he is and how he goes about doing things. And it also gives something someone like Lex or Joker or Two Face could question: If you're so about law and order and making the world a better place, why aren't you willing to do what's necessary if that means pulling out a .45 and settling it? How devoted to justice are you really? You're just as sick and twisted as us criminals aren't you?

To me, it's something that's very dope about batman and points to a larger internal conflict yet commitment to his brand of justice and to honoring his parents memory

:wow: it's almost impossible to disagree with mcfly

Yeah if they wanted to do that it'd be nice if they point it out in the film. I don't remember the burton films on the issue but I do remember Nolan did atleast briefly hint at it in the dark knight when bale took the gun from the fake batman and popped him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:wow: it's almost impossible to disagree with mcfly

Yeah if they wanted to do that it'd be nice if they point it out in the film. I don't remember the burton films on the issue but I do remember Nolan did atleast briefly hint at it in the dark knight when bale took the gun from the fake batman and popped him.

Breh, I love the Burton flicks but he clearly was only interested in aspects of Batman, but more interested in the villains, which is cool and completely his prerogative. He had batman arm the batwing to the tee with everything. Remember that scene in XXX when X tells the fake ass Q to take all those guns and put them in his ride? That's what Batman did. As a kid I had no clue about his strict issue with guns so my main issue was that he couldn't hit the joker. How can you have an advanced targeting system, rockets, missiles, machine guns, etc and miss?? Joker pulls out a long barrel gun and hits him in one shot:russ:

But yeah man Burton didn't give a damn about that. Nolan did hint at it when they constantly mentioned his aversion to killing but every weapon he had was equipped with guns, although he skated the issue by having him only use the guns to blow things up

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@wire28 you're right about not being a slave to the shyt though. Like people really freaked out because Superman didn't have the red underwear on in Man of Steel..really? Is that really key to the character? Does that make him who he is in any way shape or form? Fukk no :camby:Shyt like that isn't important to me at all. Adapt things that need to be updated because these characters are 60-70 years old, which is one reason I don't want to see Peter Parker walking around with a sweater vest, big ass glasses and a pocket protector and suspenders.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@wire28 you're right about not being a slave to the shyt though. Like people really freaked out because Superman didn't have the red underwear on in Man of Steel..really? Is

you are right but in some cases i believe it goes a little deeper than just the red underwear.

in superman's case, having the suit be an alien garb that his ancestors wore instead of a homemade outfit by his adoptive mother DOES change the perception of the character a bit even if it's only by the smallest of degrees.