The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Guys, give me an answer...

Why do the Rotten Tomato reviews matter to you? How much weighting do they have in how YOU perceive a film? Be honest.

I can't speak for anyone else but the RT score matters to me because:
1) The higher it is, the more chance I have of liking it.
2) If it's high then it will make more money, and thus make more sequels and get films made with lesser known heroes, like Ant-Man and GOTG.
3) If it's low then Marvel fanboys won't ever shut up about it.

I'm pissed off at DC here, I prefer DC's characters to Marvel's easy but they keep fukking up with the films (Rises, GL, MOS, BVS), they haven't made a good film in 8 years (imo). Picking Zack Snyder to be your main guy who oversees everything was a huge mistake, guy sucks ass, Dawn of the Dead is his best film (says it all) and he can't make great films.

Like I said, DC>Marvel for characters/stories imo but Marvel is absolutely killing it with the films/tv shows and the way it all connects together. What they have done and are continuing to do is amazing
full

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People might not be turned off by the "darkness"...maybe they're turned off because it's dark and shytty?:yeshrug:

If you're aim is it to make a dark comic book film....be more adept at making dark comic book films:yeshrug:

I feel like all these companies are hustling the masses.They turn these shytty movies into "events", get everybody hyped & rushing to the box office, then drop some mediocre garbage.They don't wanna raise the bar.Why put that kind of pressure on yourself?The masses are asses.The marketing & hype will have them throwing their money at us.

Avengers was halfway shytty....TDKR was shytty...AOU was shytty....IM3 was mediocre....Antman, ok:ld:

It's almost like they "accidentally" made TWS & GOTG entertaining movies, but those weren't really "EVENT" movies like AOU, TDKR, Bats vs Supes.

Recently, they're "events" alright.......swindle events:francis:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
People might not be turned off by the "darkness"...maybe they're turned off because it's dark and shytty?:yeshrug:

If you're aim is it to make a dark comic book film....be more adept at making dark comic book films:yeshrug:

I feel like all these companies are hustling the masses.They turn these shytty movies into "events", get everybody hyped & rushing to the box office, then drop some mediocre garbage.They don't wanna raise the bar.Why put that kind of pressure on yourself?The masses are asses.The marketing & hype will have them throwing their money at us.

Avengers was halfway shytty....TDKR was shytty...AOU was shytty....IM3 was mediocre....Antman, ok:ld:

It's almost like they "accidentally" made TWS & GOTG entertaining movies, but those weren't really "EVENT" movies like AOU, TDKR, Bats vs Supes.

Recently, they're "events" alright.......swindle events:francis:

nikka this post is literally every level of straight retarded

Spyro

Banned
Daps
iron man 3 better than Man o.... i give up, officially retarded

Man of Steel wasn't that good breh, apart from some cool looking action sequences the film was average at best. No humour, no colour, no joy, story was boring, pacing and flashbacks were all over the place, plot holes up the wazoo, lack of fun... and ultimately just wasn't very good :manny:

Thor 1/2, Iron Man 2, Cap 1 etc weren't "great" films, but they were fun popcorn movies that were fun, enjoyable ways to kill 2 hours, more than you can say about MOS :manny:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I tend to agree with Rotten Tomatoes review the vast majority of the time so I don't expect much from this movie. WIll still check it out though

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Told y'all the movie wouldnt be judged fairly.

The fact that they comparing this movie to Marvel movies is silly. It's like comparing PS$ and Xbox to Nintendo Games

Marvel has it's own formula for its movies, DC has theirs. Comparisons should be more focused on the other DC properties instead.

This one is from Robbie Collins The Telegraph

"Rather than opting to mimic the colour, warmth and wit of the Marvel superhero franchise, Snyder wants to show us gods and monsters, battling against a backdrop of lightning and smoke. Every other scene is a murky allusion to classical mythology or baroque religious art."

This from Joshua Rothkopf Timeout

"There’s zero humor or self-deprecation, as there was in Joss Whedon’s pitch-perfect The Avengers;"

Donald Clarke Irish Times

"Like far too many contemporary comic-book adaptations – oh, for the primary colours of Donner’s Superman or Raimi’s Spider-Man – Snyder’s film believes itself to be “dark”, but this is the superficial darkness of the Goth pop that sounds behind slammed teenage doors. What’s wrong with these super-beings and flawed millionaires? They’re forever moping on tall buildings in the pissing rain. Cheer up, for Christ’s sake!"

Last edited: