MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That was the rumor that came out once they had the movie screened for them and immediately wanted to make this man Ben NWO for life. They felt that he was the centerpiece of the universe and wanted to build around him

Report: Affleck to star in 3 stand-alone Batman movies

Of course that's just a rumor

that's a bad sign imo. i mean of course i want a great batman but if we don't have a great superman then the whole thing will feel a lot smaller.

you can't make batman the center of the universe. all the big justice league villains they plan on introducing our tied to superman. plus if they are clamoring to do death of superman - which i know they are - it won't mean jack shyt if nobody cares.

if he is the thor of the franchise that's a huge L and a huge missed opportunity.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's a bad sign imo. i mean of course i want a great batman but if we don't have a great superman then the whole thing will feel a lot smaller.

you can't make batman the center of the universe. all the big justice league villains they plan on introducing our tied to superman. plus if they are clamoring to do death of superman - which i know they are - it won't mean jack shyt if nobody cares.

if he is the thor of the franchise that's a huge L and a huge missed opportunity.

Bruce Timm did and it seemed to work out pretty well. Superman doesn't have to be thor status breh lol he could easily be captain america status. Cap is a great hero and a great character but Tony is clearly the center of that movie universe, without question. Batman is the easier character for the audience to have as an entry point. That's not a diss to superman at all, just real shyt in terms of one character being a god and the other being a human

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
full

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bruce Timm did and it seemed to work out pretty well. Superman doesn't have to be thor status breh lol he could easily be captain america status. Cap is a great hero and a great character but Tony is clearly the center of that movie universe, without question. Batman is the easier character for the audience to have as an entry point. That's not a diss to superman at all, just real shyt in terms of one character being a god and the other being a human

nobody thought this for 65 years.

it is more the result of them mishandling the character and keeping him swagless these last 10 years.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nobody thought this for 65 years.

it is more the result of them mishandling the character and keeping him swagless these last 10 years.

No one thought that until 1989. You keep holding on to something that was a thing before you were even born breh. Once Burton's Batman hit the scene, shyt changed. Batman became the dude and he's been the dude in DC ever since. The animated series, the toys, the lunch boxes, everything. I don't think it's just a matter of mishandling superman as much as its generation X and our generation taking a shine to him more than superman and it's because our generations have somewhat different ideals and morals and ideas than our parents generation or their parents. Comics will always reflect the taste of their audience

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No, on one thought that until 1989. You keep holding on to something that was a thing before you were even born breh. Once Burton's Batman hit the scene, shyt changed. Batman became the dude and he's been the dude in DC ever since. The animated series, the toys, the lunch boxes, everything. I don't think it's just a matter of mishandling superman as much as its generation X and our generation taking a shine to him more than superman and it's because our generations have somewhat different ideals and morals and ideas than our parents generation or their parents. Comics will always reflect the taste of their audience

why is captain america is so popular now?