The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
This Movie won't be Perfect. It's going to make a shyt Load of Money but it won't be Perfect. Clark and Bruce Fans will Love It and Hate It. Fan Boys will be Fan Boys but WB will get those Fan Boys' Money opening weekend regardless. Batman V Superman will have shades of Frank Miller but hey, even when I 1st read The Dark Knight Returns comic for the 1st Time, it was a little much for me to call it a Classic. I've read better Batman V Superman Comics with Hush being 1 of them. Even though the plot of Hush barely touched on Batman V Superman, it was still a great Story for their showdown with Lois, Ivy and Selina being involved. I look at it like this, WB may be shytting themselves because a little but I don't think that they've never realized it for the longest.. and that fact is that 'DETECTIVE COMICS IS NOT MARVEL COMICS' ...it's that simple. I know Marvel has a beautiful Cinematic Universe and I love them for it, it's Beautiful. The Stories that have been told so far by Marvel, some are Great some are not so Great. If Batman V Superman doesn't deliver on Dark Story and goes FULL Blown Cheeseball Mode with it which you already saw the Trailer release from Kimmel and their were plenty of hints of that... if that happens throughout the entire Film then Yeah...that may be WB's Killer for Batman V Superman but even then I'd say that there would still be Time to save it...LEARN from this....and still be able to make Justice League not like and very much different from The Avengers and still be able to make all their Money back and then some.:heh: Warner Bros. really should definitely known that they'd have this sort of Problem to look forward to in the Future when they 1st went this route with Superman. Man Of Steel couple Years back looked good to me...Why are we not seeing a Sequel though? Why are we so soon seeing Batman V Superman? Why is Batman V Superman kicking off Justice League? Why aren't the TV Characters tied in with the Movies?:why: Why is Batman so Old?:why::why::mjlol: Well, that last question is actually a little personal lol but seriously, they went with Batman V Superman after Man Of Steel to get a definite SAVE from the fans because Hell that all sounds Phenomenal and Godly on paper.:manny: They have Doubts now, fukk. ..I was excited at 1st but when I calmed down and actually thought about it with Clark not getting his very own Sequel I then had my Doubts and felt sorts Bad for Big Blue.:yeshrug:

In The End, it will be Cool..we will all talk about it. Daps, Negs, Reps, and GIFs will fly Freely, Left and Right from here to The Flash and Arrow Threads however, all I can say Ladies and Gentlemen, don't let the Doubt of Warner Bros. get you down, enjoy this Film because YOU deserve it, it's you that waited 3+ Years for this and it's your Money that will be Paid In Full for Fun.:salute:

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
This Movie won't be Perfect. It's going to make a shyt Load of Money but it won't be Perfect. Clark and Bruce Fans will Love It and Hate It. Fan Boys will be Fan Boys but WB will get those Fan Boys' Money opening weekend regardless. Batman V Superman will have shades of Frank Miller but hey, even when I 1st read The Dark Knight Returns comic for the 1st Time, it was a little much for me to call it a Classic. I've read better Batman V Superman Comics with Hush being 1 of them. Even though the plot of Hush barely touched on Batman V Superman, it was still a great Story for their showdown with Lois, Ivy and Selina being involved. I look at it like this, WB may be shytting themselves because a little but I don't think that they've never realized it for the longest.. and that fact is that 'DETECTIVE COMICS IS NOT MARVEL COMICS' ...it's that simple. I know Marvel has a beautiful Cinematic Universe and I love them for it, it's Beautiful. The Stories that have been told so far by Marvel, some are Great some are not so Great. If Batman V Superman doesn't deliver on Dark Story and goes FULL Blown Cheeseball Mode with it which you already saw the Trailer release from Kimmel and their were plenty of hints of that... if that happens throughout the entire Film then Yeah...that may be WB's Killer for Batman V Superman but even then I'd say that there would still be Time to save it...LEARN from this....and still be able to make Justice League not like and very much different from The Avengers and still be able to make all their Money back and then some.:heh: Warner Bros. really should definitely known that they'd have this sort of Problem to look forward to in the Future when they 1st went this route with Superman. Man Of Steel couple Years back looked good to me...Why are we not seeing a Sequel though? Why are we so soon seeing Batman V Superman? Why is Batman V Superman kicking off Justice League? Why aren't the TV Characters tied in with the Movies?:why: Why is Batman so Old?:why::why::mjlol: Well, that last question is actually a little personal lol but seriously, they went with Batman V Superman after Man Of Steel to get a definite SAVE from the fans because Hell that all sounds Phenomenal and Godly on paper.:manny: They have Doubts now, fukk. ..I was excited at 1st but when I calmed down and actually thought about it with Clark not getting his very own Sequel I then had my Doubts and felt sorts Bad for Big Blue.:yeshrug:

In The End, it will be Cool..we will all talk about it. Daps, Negs, Reps, and GIFs will fly Freely, Left and Right from here to The Flash and Arrow Threads however, all I can say Ladies and Gentlemen, don't let the Doubt of Warner Bros. get you down, enjoy this Film because YOU deserve it, it's you that waited 3+ Years for this and it's your Money that will be Paid In Full for Fun.:salute:
The God damn Batman :wow: :salute:

I've been all in since the initial teaser a few years ago, nothing is going to sway me, no one "critic" is going to give me any doubts, no single trailer is going to ruin it for me. I'm going to enjoy it, in awe, watch it at least a half dozen times in the theater and be :ahh: everytime.

Almost at that 1 month mark
20aucf5.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
everyone's pretending we're living in a Donner v Snyder world when there's seriously 30+ years of Superman characterizations in between them, some that form a perfect template of how Superman in 2016 could/should be depicted.

This isn't pretend. That was a main criticism of Man of Steel because a lot of these critics did not read comics, they only knew Superman through the Donner movies.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's hard to let go of a Donner era. Made big bucks. Liked by both men and women. Perfectly cast. Lead the way to the golden age of super hero movies we know today. Superman Returns was made as a direct hommage to the Donner movies and Man of Steel was a flawed piece of film making..

Yeah and audiences liked Man of Steel MORE then Superman Returns. It was the critics who had issues and even then it was mixed reviews, not universally negative. Nobody wants Superman Returns. It was a critical success but fans thought it was a piece of shyt and it pretty much was :ehh: :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
TAS Supes was greatly influenced by Donner/Silver Age Supes also.

I guss we should let go of that version too. Too old school, too much of a boy scout.

The Superman in the Justice League series is closer to this Superman then the Donner era. Superman in the new 52 is closer to Man of Steel also.. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Superman in the Justice League series is closer to this Superman then the Donner

I disagree completely. JL Superman was closer to TAS Superman... which was influenced by Donner.

And again not every iteration of Superman needs to be like Chris Reeve, but they should at least exude a superstar quality and a larger than life presence when they're on screen. Cavill was just kind of "there" in MOS and we don't really get a feel for his personality. He barely speaks.

Watch Bruce Timm and Paul Dini talk about Superman and then watch Zach Snyder talk about Superman and you tell me who you think has a better handle on the character or if they're similar or not.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Dunno how but the internet running with the idea the General from MOS might be Martian Manhunter. Every black guy with a deep voice can't be a martian in disguise...:martin:
:russ:MM human form is usually a brother and it be different as he'd be directly involved with the military this time instead of a civilian. Plus, it could explain how he began to trust Superman straight up at the end:ehh:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
:russ:MM human form is usually a brother and it be different as he'd be directly involved with the military this time instead of a civilian. Plus, it could explain how he began to trust Superman straight up at the end:ehh:
It could also be said that he's spent a century or two on this rock as well :ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This isn't pretend. That was a main criticism of Man of Steel because a lot of these critics did not read comics, they only knew Superman through the Donner movies.

I know there have been reviews saying that but it was hardly a 'main criticism', the bulk of the complaints has always been more about the poor handling of the film itself.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also granted I haven't seen the movie yet but it looks like based on the trailers that Superman has been infused with a little more personality this time around. He talks, he quips, he gets down in the tub... so I bet he feels a lot differently than he did in MOS.

You can kind of see hints of it in this last scene from MoS. Supes has become confident and feels like he doesn't have to answer to the U.S. Government. He says "I'm here to help but only on my own terms." That's basically saying "I'll help when I want to and I won't when I don't. Whether you want me to or not. But in order for me to obey your rules, you have to obey mine."

Supes is saying "You have to trust me." But how can the world trust him? Especially when there's no checks and balances when it comes to Supes.
In most incarnations of Superman he's arguably known to be naive, short sighted, unyielding and unwilling to compromise. A being that powerful that has such a black and white perspective on the world can be dangerous at times.

In the DCU Batman knows Clark almost better than anyone and its not because they're best buds... You gotta know how a dude like Clark will approach or react to a situation because you can't afford surprises.

In this DCEU I think they are going to showcase Superman's and Batman's fundamental personality flaws more than we've seen in other adaptations.