The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I will say this: some of these touches could be the case of WB marketing doing too much, especially with Snyder dropping "Choose a Side" videos and shyt, or full dialogue scenes in tv spots. Not fully against it, but I can do without noise like that, so it doesn't surprise me that the hype for some has died down considerably, especially with the Doomsday reveal. I can survive spoilers and things that can seem spoilery. Some can't.

The movie will probably be superior to anything leading up to it, which I can see leaving people skeptical... but, that's marketing. We're too deep into the super hero movie game to look at repeat marketing ploys and not act like we ain't dropped that soap before. That's hardcore fans, tho. The 80% or higher general audience might find it okay, or look at it like street market tricks to get them to buy things. No matter what, asses will be in those seats, and the movie itself will have to make up for any lost momentum, or heightened skepticism.

Lowkey, my allegiance is up for grabs to whomever resurrects the themed 7-Eleven X-Treme Gulp mugs :ohlawd:
hulk-stuff-5-021.jpg

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I will say this: some of these touches could be the case of WB marketing doing too much, especially with Snyder dropping "Choose a Side" videos and shyt, or full dialogue scenes in tv spots. Not fully against it, but I can do without noise like that, so it doesn't surprise me that the hype for some has died down considerably, especially with the Doomsday reveal. I can survive spoilers and things that can seem spoilery. Some can't.

The movie will probably be superior to anything leading up to it, which I can see leaving people skeptical... but, that's marketing. We're too deep into the super hero movie game to look at repeat marketing ploys and not act like we ain't dropped that soap before. That's hardcore fans, tho. The 80% or higher general audience might find it okay, or look at it like street market tricks to get them to buy things. No matter what, asses will be in those seats, and the movie itself will have to make up for any lost momentum, or heightened skepticism.

Lowkey, my allegiance is up for grabs to whomever resurrects the themed 7-Eleven X-Treme Gulp mugs :ohlawd:
hulk-stuff-5-021.jpg
:dead: @ the size of that mug. How is that even legal? :heh:

I remember the first time I went to the states (I'm canadian) and went to a fast food spot and was :merchant: at how huge the serving portions were.

I was like holy shyt no wonder everybody down here is obese :huhldup:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
:dead: @ the size of that mug. How is that even legal? :heh:

I remember the first time I went to the states (I'm canadian) and went to a fast food spot and was :merchant: at how huge the serving portions were.

I was like holy shyt no wonder everybody down here is obese :huhldup:
Yeah... like killing Bob Morton, I'm correcting those mistakes :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
BLOOD OF CHRIST, THE OMEGA SYMBOL :damn:

Please, please let that spoiler of

Darkseid being responsible for Bruce's dreams/visions

be true :mjcry:
Honestly, I don't see how it can't be at this point. Unless it's like in X3 where they used sentinels in the danger room sequence for no reason

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Now we are nitpicking vocal inflections? Jesus christ you fakkits are shameless :dead:

But I guess I am making all this shyt up in my head.

You are because I had many similar nitpicking complaints about the GotG trailers/commercials, and just like I did then, I now also acknowledge it might just be nitpicking. Back when the first Star Wars trailers dropped I said many times I felt they weren't trying to sell me on the movie itself, they were trying to sell me some nostalgia. People bytched about me complaining about that and lo and behold at what one of the biggest (non-racial) criticisms of the movie ended up being.

It's just funny how complaining about a trailer or a commercial not looking impressive is perfectly acceptable except for any comic book movie (or super popular pop culture ingrained franchise). Like you got comedies here being looked upon like 'Ugh, that final joke in the trailer is so unfunny'. You got dramas with people going 'Ugh, this looks so melodramatic and cheap, and that fat cow can't act one bit'. You got action movies with people going 'Ugh, the CGI on that helicopter crash looks terrible, and what the fukk was up with that one liner?'. But you make any such a statement about a comic book movie and suddenly you got a personal vendetta against a movie. No, you're just being an overly protective stan, the end.